ADVERTISEMENT

Boog Hut Hut - The Harsin Years

MomentInTheSun

Dec 14, 2016
Might as well fire this one up since spring practice is well under way. I remember when that was a time of excitement and interest to me. But now, thank Bruce, spring has become about me navigating what will happen to the ever evolving hoops roster.

Anyway, football is inevitable. And I still enjoy it. And the Harsin hire does have me intrigued. Big news today is that super fat athletic tight end has now moved to his rightful place on the defensive line. Really hope this child develops into a monster. What a nimble beast at 300 plus pounds. Could be the next nick fairly if he can develop a criminal background.

Might as well fire this one up since spring practice is well under way. I remember when that was a time of excitement and interest to me. But now, thank Bruce, spring has become about me navigating what will happen to the ever evolving hoops roster.

Anyway, football is inevitable. And I still enjoy it. And the Harsin hire does have me intrigued. Big news today is that super fat athletic tight end has now moved to his rightful place on the defensive line. Really hope this child develops into a monster. What a nimble beast at 300 plus pounds. Could be the next nick fairly if he can develop a criminal background.
Yeah BRUCE got me on hoops all year so hard to pay much attention to huthut unless it’s a game day. Nice to have a real coach that prefers to use a 6’2 300 lb athlete on the DL instead of some absurd Fullback/ wildcat role running wheel routes and other nonsense. Nevertheless feels like another 8-5 type season on the way.

Yeah I’m about the same, and like I’ve said before, hope the losses start hurting again. Just like I didn’t care we lost to LSU & UF couple years ago, likewise when the Bams went boink on that upright I was like cool we won the Iron Bowl. Glad we gotta new corch that I think will do well, & I don’t know many of the players, but oh yeah on keeping up with with all of this portal stuff in hoops. Also can read tbb, but can get the same content here without all the silly BS over there.

7-5, 8 win ceiling 5 win floor.

Harsin will get his shit together in 2023. Wake me up when we beat bama and UGA in the same year.

Reactions: Fillup Marschell
Out of town this weekend. May pull it up on my phone at a bar. Not a fan of ADay to be honest but I guess since Gus is gone I should at least pay some attention.

did anyone watch any of the big exhibition? I kind of wanted to peel my peepers and give it a chance, but I couldn't find a way to stream it. Frankly didn't look to hard for it. But still was curious to see what BO looked like under Coach Harse

Not quite George W, but with bigger guns. Gotta love it

tenor.gif

I'm intrigued.

Still gonna suck this year, but at least Harsin is recruiting to actually apply pressure on Throw Picks
Yeah, the big thing to me is that Harsin is getting the best players he can get and trying to push the QBs. I don't think Finley is better than Bo Nix, but at least there will be competition.

Anybody know of any Penn St tickets that may be available? Gonna be in the area around that time so might as well check one off the list. Stubhub prices are outrageous

Anybody know of any Penn St tickets that may be available? Gonna be in the area around that time so might as well check one off the list. Stubhub prices are outrageous
Las time I checked that had season ticket books left for under 1,100.00. Could sell the others on Stub Hub or a similar site and recoup most of that I would think. Lot of effort for that though.

I wasn’t offered an opportunity to buy through the school and have no idea what face is. The ticket sites are off the charts high. I’m skipping g out.

Las time I checked that had season ticket books left for under 1,100.00. Could sell the others on Stub Hub or a similar site and recoup most of that I would think. Lot of effort for that though.

I wasn’t offered an opportunity to buy through the school and have no idea what face is. The ticket sites are off the charts high. I’m skipping g out.
There are some upper deckers available in the $500 range it looks like. Been so long since I’ve been to a boog game that may be reasonable for all I know

Gotta imagine the demand for tickets is gonna be through the roof this season. New coach plus No attendance last year and you get a bunch of people dying to go. My guess though is it'll be the same as always. If you don't give a fugg where you sit, just show up to the game and find someone willing to sell you something for cheap.

There are some upper deckers available in the $500 range it looks like. Been so long since I’ve been to a boog game that may be reasonable for all I know
Absolutely not reasonable IMO. I sat low on the 50 vs Oregon in JerryWorld for about 200 each two years ago. And I know that’s a nuetral site game vs home game but still. I would guess Face Value is 150 for most seats unless they do some weird tiered deal.

I’m planning on going regardless, but my wife & I who you met are gonna take a trip up the Eastern Seaboard. Pretty unbelievable that I’ve never in my life been up that way except a three day air to the Syracuse game in 2001. That was the first sporting event in NY State after 9/11 & that game at the time ended up being a celebration of America more than any ballgame. Governor Pataki gave the pregame speech & there was an Old Glory in every seat. In some ways that event superseded any sporting event I ever attended, and not to boast, but I’ve attended a ton of big ones.
Ran into Dick Mcphearson in the restroom as he was going up to the press box with an interview with CPFP. TLDR stayed at the he Hotel Syracuse & partied with a buncha Orangemen until 4 AM whatta a trip. Pat Tie Dye lol

I’m planning on going regardless, but my wife & I who you met are gonna take a trip up the Eastern Seaboard. Pretty unbelievable that I’ve never in my life been up that way except a three day air to the Syracuse game in 2001. That was the first sporting event in NY State after 9/11 & that game at the time ended up being a celebration of America more than any ballgame. Governor Pataki gave the pregame speech & there was an Old Glory in every seat. In some ways that event superseded any sporting event I ever attended, and not to boast, but I’ve attended a ton of big ones.
Ran into Dick Mcphearson in the restroom as he was going up to the press box with an interview with CPFP. TLDR stayed at the he Hotel Syracuse & partied with a buncha Orangemen until 4 AM whatta a trip. Pat Tie Dye lol
So you gonna lmk when you happen upon some cheapish tickets right?

Looks like our Boogs are underdogs in 5 of the six games that have been released, so I ain’t gonna expect to much of Corch Hars even next year. Just know Barfields last year we went 5-6, and CPFD followed that with another 5-6 record but man the difference in those teams. You could just feel what was coming when we were ahead of the Bams 17-14 going into the fourth. It was incredible how much bigger & faster they were, but we still were all up in them until they scored two TDS the last stanza. Dye meeting up with Bear before the game & all was cordial until the young corch said “Just so you know, my boys are coming after that ass”, or something close to that.

Read an article that the Boogs have a WR that didn’t play until the bowl game & had three receptions & 80 yards in that last game. Gus at his best like the RB that he screwed outta a year of eligibility because he can’t count.

well well well. This is interesting. Still think the OL will be trash. But the offense could have some life afterall

Reactions: WDE_Tarp
I can’t believe that I’m actually looking forward to the season. First time since 2015.

That WR may push us over the top for Beau Knicks’ first championship!

On a serious note, I don’t think we are as strong on either of the interior lines as 3-4 teams we play this year. Hard to be really good when that’s the case. Hopefully this bunch coaches em up and we gain ground in those areas.

Been reading tbb this AM looking for something and saw @cookedw and rice defending like nobody’s business. We obviously are having a $hi++y recruiting year.

Btw, Is Harkinss a Scientologist?

Been reading tbb this AM looking for something and saw @cookedw and rice defending like nobody’s business. We obviously are having a $hi++y recruiting year.

Btw, Is Harkinss a Scientologist?
Is crootin going badly? I honestly don’t know.

I’ll be happy with Harsin until the Ls start piling up. Or until he makes some Gus level dipshit post game remarks.

he’s gotten some top level transfers in at positions of need (LSU QB and UGA WR). So he at least knows how to address needs. Unlike Zahn

Reactions: wcw3au1
Is crootin going badly? I honestly don’t know.

I’ll be happy with Harsin until the Ls start piling up. Or until he makes some Gus level dipshit post game remarks.

he’s gotten some top level transfers in at positions of need (LSU QB and UGA WR). So he at least knows how to address needs. Unlike Zahn
Not great apparently. 78th in the country but several locks to come that will move us up considerably. 3.17 star average which is 10th in the SEC and probably a better way to judge. Last year was a 3.21 I think which was 8th in the league.

I’m gonna judge the guy in earnest after 3 years unless something crazy happens. And that’s honestly when we’ll know how good or bad this class is/was. I’m just thankful it’s not Gus.

ADVERTISEMENT