ADVERTISEMENT

*** Boogs vs Miss St ***

Denim Vest

Feb 9, 2011
Barring some sort of catastrophe at the Clam Saturday the outright SEC title pretty much comes down to this one. Miss St a decent squad according to the internet but not on the same level of any of our losses. Certainly better than a couple we’ve narrowly escaped with a dub though.

2-2 on the late season road stretch was what I had in mind as decent. Even 1-3 isn’t disastrous but now we need this one. Maintained full honk mode all season but going down the roster some things we need:

Jabari- pretty much perfect in every way. Maybe don’t get T’d up or whatever happened when he (accurately) told that oaf he was a fuggin scrub. BRUCE had to sit him down for a minute as we blew the game.

Kessler - Need a little toughness. Finish a little more over size. He can do it. Probably selling on his 3 ball but then again he made a few recently.

Al - oh my sweet Al. Give the young hunk a pass so far but some of the dumb passes and weak reb attempts got to go at least.

Wendell - love logo Wen but got to stop heat checking himself.

Zep - knows his role and consistent but man he got stonewalled by UTs guards. Hard for us to operate when that’s happening and it’s been a bit of issue in other games. This where we need other guys to play make.

KD - He just seems in a bit a funk I guess don’t have much to say on him other than hopefully he just starts making a few more and forcing some TOs/ steals on D.

Devan - Love the hustle but I just don’t see what he’s bringing out there. The D is ok and the O rebounding is great accept for the fact he can’t do anything with it if it’s not a putback dunk. I see no way to honk over the fact he’s got no discernible basketball skills. I’m wondering if Moore or even Lior need a shot at some of these mins.

Dylan/ Jaylin - not much to say here other than hopefully they can play a little better the rest of the way.

Anyway tldr no more Nike ball we boog the rest of the way.

Really wanted to take the two hour drive to see us clinch at least a share tonight, but just slept in my own bed for the first time in 8 nights. Guess I’ll have to just wait & go Saturday for the outright title & confetti raining down. Ever who’s in charge of that please hold off on that until the buzzer goes off this time.

Really hope the guys can overcome the road woes tonight. Miss state is fairly mediocre, but a win over us and TAMU this week plus a run in Tampa could still potentially get them into the NCAAT. They can certainly beat us if we play like we did against Mizzou or UGA. I'll take a win of any sort, but a convincing win would do a lot for the guys confidence heading into the post season. Also, locking up at least a share of the SEC title tonight would of course be huge. I would drastically rather be playing for the outright title on Saturday against USCe rather than with our backs against the wall hoping to salvage a share.

They aren't a great shooting team and they need to get to the rim to score which plays into our strength as a defense. Molinar is really good though so hopefully Zep/KD can stay in front of him. On defense, they play straight man the whole time which also lends itself to helping us as we struggle with zone at times.

Last edited:
I'm watching to see what the boogs first three possessions look like after they go up 10 in the early minutes of the 2nd half. Bruce and Steven been dog cussing the young men about valuing possessions, especially after getting a lead. Rather than putting the game away in the last three roadies when they had the chance, the HYG got a little loose and let the opponent grab some much needed momentum to pull the upset. Tonight that gets fixed and boogs pull away to secure a third championship in five years. Boogs by 12.

It’s crunch time this week. Really don’t want to share a title with those bastards from Tennessee and Kentucky. Seems like we’ve just been trying a little too hard out there need to relax and let the game come to them and dominate.

Boogs Are still the top team in the SEC, target still on their back’s it’s time to beat the shit out of Mississippi State turn around and beat the shit out of South Carolina.

Praise Bruce and these HYG’s

need a good showing tonight and I’ll galaxy brain myself into thinking the entirety of our issues are due to Nike balls

I don’t even care if it’s true, but if a win tonight convinces the players it’s true and it’s full speed ahead from here on out, then I’m still right there with them

a bad showing tonight though and I’ll be anxious until next Sunday because we’ll need a very specific draw to make another deep run

I know individual huthut games are supposed to be weighted more because you play fewer of them, but this feels like a Georgia game when Corch Dye was here. I’ve got a feeling the way this game goes will dictate how the rest of our season plays out serenity now please

I'm watching to see what the boogs first three possessions look like after they go up 10 in the early minutes of the 2nd half. Bruce and Steven been dog cussing the young men about valuing possessions, especially after getting a lead. Rather than putting the game away in the last three roadies when they had the chance, the HYG got a little loose and let the opponent grab some much needed momentum to pull the upset. Tonight that gets fixed and boogs pull away to secure a third championship in five years. Boogs by 12.
This is a huge issue. We had 3+ possession leads in the 2nd half all of the last 3 losses. As talented and balanced as we are on offense and defense, there is no excuse for blowing any of those leads, much less 3 of them.

Damn ref, we've got a free path to the bucket an they call the foul to stop our breakaway.

Reactions: ShenaniganZ
Wtf. Such a weird commercial. Wilson sponsoring some therapy message device. Basically saying our factory workers are so over worked, they need a therapy device. Weird

Reactions: ShenaniganZ
ADVERTISEMENT