ADVERTISEMENT

++++Official Kentucky vs Boogs (hut hut) Game Thread+++++

MomentInTheSun

Dec 14, 2016
Don't get too excited. Yes that's a blue blood matchup you see but only in hoops not in hut hut. Gotta be honest, this one has totally snuck up on me. And it still has time to lazily lumber into my life some more. But in just 10 days, we will have hut hut again. No real idea on who the starters are other than BO Nix and SETH. No idea if the Boogs will be good this year or not. I imagine the D will be stout but the O is who knows. But, I will be watching and will enjoy having our boogs back even if it's just a place holder until Sharife and The Gang take the hardwood.

Got the Boogs by 10 unless Joey Gatewood plays. Then I've got UK in a blood bath.

I think they are well coached and they do have a lot of starters coming back. IMO, they are still well below us in terms of talent in most spots. Maybe equal in their OLine but our DLine is my least worry. Plenty of talent there even though we lost one of the best ever and other high quality players. If Gus will stay out of his new OC’s way, we should win the game without too much trouble. But that’s never a guarantee. I am ready for it regardless.

Reactions: MomentInTheSun
I saw that bull crap about JG maybe not getting to play & didn’t surprise me in the least. Also gonna pull for this club cause Gus ain’t going anywhere, but I know less about them than ever in my life. Gonna try & enjoy but it’s not like I’m gonna be counting down to Saturday’s.

Did the Greg see this article about Gatewood being cleared but a gentlemen’s agreement in place for him not to play v the boogs?

That’s some BS but supposedly he wouldn’t be the starter regardless. If they have a better QB boogs are in trouble.

I had heard that but thought it was a joke. If you’re going to support a kid being eligible to be granted a waiver, let them play. If JG wasn’t good enough to get a couple of series in that UF debacle last year, Gus shouldn’t be afraid to face him.

Can’t wait for Coarch to churn out THIS years depth chart lol

RUNNING BACK

28 JATARVIOUS WHITLOW (6-0, 210, So.)

-OR-

9 KAM MARTIN (5-10, 189, Sr.)

-OR-

32 MALIK MILLER (5-11, 235, Jr.)

-OR-

8 SHAUN SHIVERS (5-7, 179, So.)

-OR-

3 D.J. WILLIAMS (5-10, 216, Fr.)

-OR-

22 HAROLD JOINER (6-4, 215, RFr.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fillup Marschell
Can’t wait for Coarch to churn out THIS years depth chart lol

RUNNING BACK

28 JATARVIOUS WHITLOW (6-0, 210, So.)

-OR-

9 KAM MARTIN (5-10, 189, Sr.)

-OR-

32 MALIK MILLER (5-11, 235, Jr.)

-OR-

8 SHAUN SHIVERS (5-7, 179, So.)

-OR-

3 D.J. WILLIAMS (5-10, 216, Fr.)

-OR-

22 HAROLD JOINER (6-4, 215, RFr.)

Whitlow isn’t on the team is he?

Reactions: Fillup Marschell
DT is pretty barf too. Or maybe they’re good and I’ve just never heard of them
I don't think there's a derrick brown on there. But if that one kid beat out Newkirk, then he's gonna be good. And Derrick Hall looked really legit before he got injured last year so optimistic he'll be good at buck.

Reactions: wcw3au1
I really don’t see how the boogs are gonna be any good. Then again there’s like 3 good teams at most every year and not like Kentucky is anything. Lose basically every good DL and DB from a D that got exposed last couple games last year.

Whole new OL. RBs aren’t anything great. Nix is mediocre until proven otherwise. Got a couple good WRs but don’t seem to know how to use Schwartz. Goes without saying the HC is a fuggin idiot. 5-6 wins sounds about right. Maybe get one extra out our ass that Gus seems to get with regularity.

Defensive tackle looks like crap to me. Been calling this an apocalypse year at that position for over 2 years now. Was told over and over that "Rotnei will figure it out" so I guess we will see. I knew Coynis Miller would bust here the day that he committed.

Any OL that doesn't have the guys from the last two years on it is perfectly fine with me.

Linebacker, secondary, Derrick Hall, running back wide receiver, and tight end should be mid-to-upper half in the SEC.

I know like 6 of those guys. Used to could name almost the whole team.
Same.

This is a bad matchup for us because they are experienced in the trenches on both sides of the ball. The OL is probably mediocre, so if Gus is calling plays we are screwed. That being said, I think if Morris is really calling plays then we actually have good talent to compliment his philosophy. Assuming that is true, @Denim Vest will enjoy watching Morris because he doesn't use an H back as much and certainly wouldn't put a walk-on DT there just to have a body at the position.

If you want to hear me rant some more about Gus and why Morris gives me optimism, continue reading. Gus's use of an H-back and bringing in an extra OL as a "TE" is one of his biggest mistakes. The problem is that he's a run heavy guy, and that allows the defense to bring an extra defender into the box that rarely has to be concerned with his guy being a pass option. It's why the few times we threw the ball to #99 he was wideassopen. You might ask yourself, why did he (Gus) ever have any success? The better your OL/TE/H are at blocking, the more acceptable this is. If your OL can't destroy people then you're actually making your life more difficult. The best Gus years were the best OL run blocking years. The reason I have any optimism is that Morris is more of a 10/11 personnel guy, but he actually uses his TE in the passing game, so while it might bring an extra defender into the box he has to actually be accounted for in the passing game. WR is probably our most talented position, so if Morris spreads out the defense with elite athletes, uses all parts of the field (especially over the middle) in the passing game, and throws the ball to TEs and RBs then we could theoretically be pretty dang good on offense. That success should loosen things up in the run game, so combining that with a pretty decent athlete (even if he is a chAUlkie) with the zone read adds another level of excitement.

I think they are well coached and they do have a lot of starters coming back. IMO, they are still well below us in terms of talent in most spots. Maybe equal in their OLine but our DLine is my least worry. Plenty of talent there even though we lost one of the best ever and other high quality players. If Gus will stay out of his new OC’s way, we should win the game without too much trouble. But that’s never a guarantee. I am ready for it regardless.
Was OUT on well-coached until I realized you were talking about the Wildcats.

Reactions: wcw3au1
Same.

This is a bad matchup for us because they are experienced in the trenches on both sides of the ball. The OL is probably mediocre, so if Gus is calling plays we are screwed. That being said, I think if Morris is really calling plays then we actually have good talent to compliment his philosophy. Assuming that is true, @Denim Vest will enjoy watching Morris because he doesn't use an H back as much and certainly wouldn't put a walk-on DT there just to have a body at the position.

If you want to hear me rant some more about Gus and why Morris gives me optimism, continue reading. Gus's use of an H-back and bringing in an extra OL as a "TE" is one of his biggest mistakes. The problem is that he's a run heavy guy, and that allows the defense to bring an extra defender into the box that rarely has to be concerned with his guy being a pass option. It's why the few times we threw the ball to #99 he was wideassopen. You might ask yourself, why did he (Gus) ever have any success? The better your OL/TE/H are at blocking, the more acceptable this is. If your OL can't destroy people then you're actually making your life more difficult. The best Gus years were the best OL run blocking years. The reason I have any optimism is that Morris is more of a 10/11 personnel guy, but he actually uses his TE in the passing game, so while it might bring an extra defender into the box he has to actually be accounted for in the passing game. WR is probably our most talented position, so if Morris spreads out the defense with elite athletes, uses all parts of the field (especially over the middle) in the passing game, and throws the ball to TEs and RBs then we could theoretically be pretty dang good on offense. That success should loosen things up in the run game, so combining that with a pretty decent athlete (even if he is a chAUlkie) with the zone read adds another level of excitement.
Using a TE like a real football team would be a nice change. And hopefully with Morris we get less coverage of Gus chomping 12 pieces of gum looking like a lunatic on the sidelines.

Not sure we have a legitimate TE on the roster yet but a warm body presumably worthy of a D1 scholarship is def an upgrade from our usual HB.

Reactions: WDE_Tarp
tenor.gif

Gonna have to dedicate this one to my Dad gang. Was in downtown Boogsville around midnight & he & some buddies decided to travel to the Blue Grass. Slept in a hay field, watched the game that night & came back. Back when there were no interstates & not recommended today.

wow...looks like Gus has thinned the fan numbers to a new low. The Clam has taken its rightful place at the top.

ADVERTISEMENT