ADVERTISEMENT

++++Official Kentucky vs Boogs (hut hut) Game Thread+++++

That was ugly. They gifted it to us in a 3-4 minute span. Both lines are questionable at best. Seth Williams will absolutely be a stud at the next level if he’s not as dumb as I was when I was his age. I saw 5-6 plays that didn’t look like Gus and it was nice to not run it up the middle after every first down. Bo made a couple of great throws and plenty that left a little something to be desired. Stepped up ONCE in the pocket to complete a pass which is a rare sighting. Still bailing way too early way too often. Tougher next weekend but this will give the team confidence even if it was closer than the score indicated.

I'm giving the Boogs a little slack just bc every team looks sloppy as hell do to how covid affected the pre season. Mad props to the 300 pound jumbo te that took over for Chan Chan. Get A Train the ball more please. Gus would run reverses for Ricardo Louis all day long but doesn't want to give the ball to one of if not the most dangerous dude in the conference. WTF

I thought he looked quicker and more athletic. He runs a 4.6 I think, which isn’t a combine king number, but he put himself on some boards today.

Thought the same. He looked in-shape too.

My thoughts on the game:

Nix still doing the Gus-coached-QB thing of bailing out and running left. I don't get that. It's like a carbon copy mechanism of Jarrett Stidham. Almost always leads to an incompletion or a near-INT and rarely ever leads to paydirt.

Still, when he stays in the pocket he looks very good. Ball had really good zip on it and he had some dimes downfield.

20 total carries from our running backs for 65 yards is concerning. I didn't see a lot of Chad Morris influence in this game, which worries me for next week.

I'll give the OL a pass this week because they're a new unit. I saw some good and bad.

Defense had some problems with the ground game. Gave up a lot of yards and big chunks. They had some good stops when it mattered but good grief it doesn't get easier I promise.

37 attempts for 239 yards passing I thought the secondary had a good day despite a few big plays.

Carlson not kicking it through the end zone was odd. Why chance a return?

20 total carries from our running backs for 65 yards is concerning. I didn't see a lot of Chad Morris influence in this game, which worries me for next week.

I had the exact opposite thought. A lot of key differences between Gus and Morris and that looked very much like Morris's offense. Way more TE than H back formations and even more 10 personnel (1 running back 0 TE) spread looks. We threw the ball over the middle. Way more zone than power or counter, though we did run a little bit of counter.

I liked the play-calling for the most part, but we will struggle as long as the OL can't get any push. If the OL improves, then we could be pretty good.

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT