ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Boog huhut 2018 year in review

Denim Vest

Feb 9, 2011
A few thoughts as we pass the time waiting on Bruce to have his media sesh.

Was a mixed bag for what certainly could have been an 8 or 9 win season. An invite to the prestigious Academy Sports Texas Bowl would be a nice reward for finishing T10 in arguably one of the better conferences in the land. In no particular order:

Who would have though Kordi Burns would be our most competent offensive coach?

Boobee Whitlow was a nice surprise. Corch Horton told him “ go out there and get me some yards’ and the youngster delivered while he wasn’t busy nursing injuries from being run into the ground.

Boy did we miss Jeff Holland. A pass rusher is a priceless commodity and the way we recruit these days you never know if/ when we’ll ever have one.

The D maintained a level of play above mediocrity for the most part. Of course they were exposed by an electrifying dual thread QB as most are. I remember the good ol days when Nick Marshall was running around in circles and hanging about 50 on Bama.

Back to the D it’s gonna be so ugly next year without D Brown and D Davis. Most of the remaining front 7 gone. Even if Coe and Marlon come back we should be settling back towards the Ellis Johnson days.

Stidahm was trash by any measure after a solid first half/ quarter against UW. I looked up his stats from his T Fr year at Baylor and they were magnificent. Oh what could have been for the youngster if not for that whole Baylor rape thing or whatever.

Anyway my golf game continues to thank this program Gus has built. WDE gang. WDE.

Gus should pay 1/3rd of his buyout to Champ and 1/3rd to T-Rob

Holland, Carlton Davis, Ryan Davis, Javaris Davis... even if Dinson and Cowart and Tim Irvin and Horton underachieved, the first 4 alone saved Gus’ job

anyhoo... the defense should be breathtaking to behold next year as we continue to get further away from the halcyon days of those 11 months we had 2 legitimate corches on staff

maybe one day before I die we’ll have as many as 4, or even 5, on staff at one time... but no need to waste resources on that until Steven retires after surpassing BRUCE by cutting down the nets for a 3rd time

Firsts for me this season:

First time I actively rooted against the boogs.
First time I was dissapointed after a win.
First time I didn't watch the Iron Bowl.
First time I played golf during a boog huthut game.

I am currently an 18-20 handicapper, if Gus stays the length of his contract I expect to be a scratch golfer by the end of it.

Watching that slob Pruit tear Gus a new one on the fly was a thing of beauty. Kind of like watching
giphy.gif

Things went about like I predicted they would roughly 2-3 years ago.

Abysmal recruiting at QB, OL, RB, pass rush DE, and DB caught up with us.

Abysmal personnel management at RB and WR embarrassed us. Gus rushing his little pet white WR back into action resulting in another torn ACL was a nice cherry on top of that dipshit’s personnel psychosis. NCM finally transferred to leave this shithole. Slayton became even more of an embarrassment as the year progressed. And Bunker savior Seth Williams, who everyone believes justified the NCM situation, finished the season having about 18 drops in the final 3 games.

I’d say “I hate to say ‘I told you so’”, but I’d be lying. I fvcking enjoyed watching the misery in real time as it all fell apart. You may think this callous, but it’s the ONLY way things could’ve transpired that could POSSIBLY rid us of that mongoloid before he’s afforded another year to steer our program even further into the abyss.

So there's lively talk on tbb that Gus may be gone, and Bob Stoops has been contacted. It's from Tate, so TIFWIW. Josh Moon seems to be on this bandwagon also.

Edit to add a disclaimer: Moon and Tate worked together at the Montgomery Advertiser FWIW

Last edited:
I'll go ahead & wrap up the season here for my first cuz 10 Y/O STUD QB that I spent most of my Saturdays watching ILO the Boogs.

From the local RAG:
7-2 record & Super Bowl Champs (whatever this means)
57-93 passing for 1149 yards & 17 TDS
127 rushing attempts for 1349 yards & yet another 17 TDS
Three interceptions for TDS
Prolly around 80% of the tackles (My estimation)
The most amazing stat to me is 61% completion rating with 9 & 10 Y/O's on the receiving end.
All around a GREAT huthut season!!

Well looking like Boogs are gonna be able to pull in Kelly Bryant. If we gotta keep the idiot as head coach, I suppose this will peak my interest for next year. Think 9-3 is probably the ceiling though

Reactions: Boytano
Well looking like Boogs are gonna be able to pull in Kelly Bryant. If we gotta keep the idiot as head coach, I suppose this will peak my interest for next year. Think 9-3 is probably the ceiling though
Shiii, 8-5 and it will be stretch

I’m telling you. Coach Cockroach is gonna go 10-2 next season with Bryant. Tease us with the old offense. Save his job. Then ruin Bo Nix

Only been clamoring for an electrifying dual threat QB since 2015. Good job corch! Figured it out just in time for our D to not be championship caliber.

Bruce patronizing our pathetic huthut squad lol:

He and AD Greene just trading favors I'm sure. Hey Bruce, member when I didn't hear about that bigass backpack? Yeah, I'm gonna need someone credible to try and make it appear as if your football program isn't indeed an entire building of monkeys ****ing football bats. Thanks, I'll get you more hours on the private jet this year.

Well I assume the Boogs got a bowl invite, being the SEC has about a dozen spots available. Never in my life have I not even tuned in or cared where we landed. I’m way more concerned about the Mike Slive Invtational that comes down December 15th & I don’t see my attitude changing anytime soon if ever. You just can’t BOOG in the hut hut.

They just make stuff up like that. Trying to be funny, they say sources three times
Maybe they were just guessing but they “broke” the mike Mccarthy news yesterday. Could’ve definitely been a guess but they’re big enough for people to definitely feed them info

Maybe they were just guessing but they “broke” the mike Mccarthy news yesterday. Could’ve definitely been a guess but they’re big enough for people to definitely feed them info
Dang you’re right. A small part of me thinks they were completely guessing because no one would care if they had been wrong but maybe they’re moving up in the world

lulz...with Bryant on his way to the Miz, AU's o-line suckage, d-line graduating, no experienced qb and a head coarch that refuses to embrace the system that has made him a fortune, what could possibly go wrong?

Reactions: WDE_Tarp
ADVERTISEMENT