ADVERTISEMENT

+++ South Alabama vs Boogs (HYGs) Official Game Thread +++

MomentInTheSun

Dec 14, 2016
It's Friday night and we're back in the friendly confines of the Clam for the first time this season. And luckily we get to have shooting practice against a no good scrub team from Mobile. So hopefully the young Boogs get on a heater and start draining some shots from downtown like we know they can.

Things I'd Love to See:
Justin Powell go off
Thor finally have a big game
Flanny continue to assert himself
One of the BIGS show some offense

anyway, the nerds behind ESPN's algorithm have the Boogs as the faves. So Leggggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooo
gRQLKCm.jpg

Agree with all your thoughts and wishes above. Would add that DCam needs to get it going as well. It was apparent last year he’s much more comfy at home. He needs it as bad as anyone IMO.

Agree with all your thoughts and wishes above. Would add that DCam needs to get it going as well. It was apparent last year he’s much more comfy at home. He needs it as bad as anyone IMO.
Yeah. Him too for sure. I’d love for him to get hot. Not sure he’ll ever be a reliable ball handler/scorer this season though

Yeah. Him too for sure. I’d love for him to get hot. Not sure he’ll ever be a reliable ball handler/scorer this season though

Hate to say it but I’ve felt the same way. He’s gotten a lot of mileage from that 6 or 7 3 pointers night he had last year. Maybe it clicks soon because we are going to need him it appears, home and away.

Reactions: DM8 and olsonab
Yes I’m beginning to fear the footage of D Cam dominating at the YMCA over the summer may not translate to D1. So early in the season but he has not looked good.

nearly the exact same thought I had as he got a nice pass on a leak out with only a smaller UCF wing back on defense and proceeded to fly beautifully towards the basket and brick a layup

if someone wants to argue we shouldn’t be so dependent on a freshman guard, I can see their point... but Sharife literally puts every single piece back into their proper role

Powell/Turbo fight it out to start at 2 and be the first guard off the bench and piece together 10 minutes a night at point

Devan goes to the bench and becomes the feast or famine Malik-type energy guy

Al defends the best opposing wing and is a secondary scorer instead of an overmatched go to scorer and secondary creator

the front court will work itself out over time... I got no worries there - a shitton of talent and just need to calm down and gel... but those guys should be defending, rebounding, running, and attacking the offensive glass... they shouldn’t have this much pressure on them in the half court offense right now

but, alas... that’s where we are... with every wing playing a role they’re not ready for, and every big playing under more pressure than they should

oh well... still the sexiest group in college ball, and guys are getting some valuable reps getting their brains beat in

Dang MITTS birthday is same as the day Gus arrived 8 years ago & also 10 years ago Boogs destroyed USCe in the SECCG.

I had my memory of Gus arriving erased but that 10 year anniversary was a hell of a fun day! I hated riding Marta to the Dome, actually FROM the Dome, but I stayed in Buckhead that weekend and had to. Borderline had to physically carry my significant other out of Dante’s Down the Hatch at some point after that game. I miss that old place, Dante’s not the Dome! Miss Cam more!!

Happy Birthday @MomentInTheSun! Hope all your birthday Boog wishes come true tonight!

Don’t really see how DC is ever gonna be productive enough to justify the minutes he gets

Nice to see the guys boucing back after that dreadful shit show the other night in Orlando. JP is going to be a terror at home from deep. Worst thing we did in the first half was not get him more than 5 looks from 3.

Reactions: wcw3au1
Cambridge shouldn’t even travel with the team. Just bury endless 3’s on the home court.

Reactions: wcw3au1
ADVERTISEMENT