ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft Thread

MomentInTheSun

Dec 14, 2016
Couldn't find the old one. So just decided to pop a newie on here.

Draft starts tonight. Supposed to be a lot of trades and interesting things happening. There was a time when I was very excited for this stuff, but that's another thing that GUS has taken away from. No Boogs will be anywhere close to hearing their names called tonight. At least I don't think so. And I'm sure Bama will set another record or something for total first round picks.

But anways, will be very interesting to see where Justin Fields lands. Seems to be the big topic of discussion heading into the draft tonight.

Thoughts? Who do you think will be a bust? Who's the steal of hte first round?

I’ve got no idea what’s going on with the draft been too busy with the portal and NBA draft projections. Hopefully my PATS take a OL or weapon for Cam to work with. Or anything other than some bum QB prospect that gets moved way up the draft boards for no reason.

It is funny how Gus has lived on in boog huthut media cause all our draft prospects get beat up over playing in a rinky dink HS offense.

I’ve got no idea what’s going on with the draft been too busy with the portal and NBA draft projections. Hopefully my PATS take a OL or weapon for Cam to work with. Or anything other than some bum QB prospect that gets moved way up the draft boards for no reason.

It is funny how Gus has lived on in boog huthut media cause all our draft prospects get beat up over playing in a rinky dink HS offense.
Seen many articles say Pats are trying to get into the top ten to grab Fields.

Couldn't find the old one. So just decided to pop a newie on here.

Draft starts tonight. Supposed to be a lot of trades and interesting things happening. There was a time when I was very excited for this stuff, but that's another thing that GUS has taken away from. No Boogs will be anywhere close to hearing their names called tonight. At least I don't think so. And I'm sure Bama will set another record or something for total first round picks.

But anways, will be very interesting to see where Justin Fields lands. Seems to be the big topic of discussion heading into the draft tonight.

Thoughts? Who do you think will be a bust? Who's the steal of hte first round?

Mac Jones going ahead of the other 4 QBs would scream bust.

Whether he goes 1st or 2nd round, I'm a big fan of Rondale Moore.

Hopefully the Falcons draft Pitts or trade back, but I'd be okay with Fields, Lance, or Sewell. Buddy of mine works for the Falcons and said they want to trade back but the offers have been underwhelming in the the Falcons eyes

Reactions: MomentInTheSun
Mac Jones going ahead of the other 4 QBs would scream bust.

Whether he goes 1st or 2nd round, I'm a big fan of Rondale Moore.

Hopefully the Falcons draft Pitts or trade back, but I'd be okay with Fields, Lance, or Sewell. Buddy of mine works for the Falcons and said they want to trade back but the offers have been underwhelming in the the Falcons eyes
Yeah. I too think Rondale Moore will be a stud

Ugh Pats take a a QB but at least this flabby child not gonna beat out Cam as a rook.

Pretty shocking to me that every analyst I’ve heard expects Jones to walk in and be ready to start from Day 1.
They get all lathered up about every draft pick being the next superstar. Bill says Cam is the guy this year still. Yeah corch speak and doesn’t matter but I just don’t see Mac Jones being ready. I can’t. I won’t.

Nice college player with some legit NFL tools but gonna be a little different not having all the best players in the game surrounding him.

They get all lathered up about every draft pick being the next superstar. Bill says Cam is the guy this year still. Yeah corch speak and doesn’t matter but I just don’t see Mac Jones being ready. I can’t. I won’t.

Nice college player with some legit NFL tools but gonna be a little different not having all the best players in the game surrounding him.
I absolutely can’t see it.

I think Mac Jones will be pretty good. He's got a big enough arm to keep defenses honest, and he's super accurate.

Call me nuts, but I think he's the second best QB in the draft

Reactions: wcw3au1
I think Mac Jones will be pretty good. He's got a big enough arm to keep defenses honest, and he's super accurate.

I think he’s good too. He basically played perfect football this past year. He was still just QB 5 in my mind this draft. I can’t imagine there are 4-5 good enough to start Day 1. Especially when you have a former league MVP in front of him.

No doubt Cam has to play better or it will happen sooner rather than later. They had less weapons than seemingly any team in the league. And I don’t think they throw him to the wolves just yet.

I’m admittedly a hater and even more so with Cam there. He was awesome last year but it’s pitch and catch when you have the best OL, best WRs, best RBs and a stud OC. I’m not sure his game gonna translate to the big leagues. There’s almost no room left in the NFL for a guy that has zero athletic ability.

There’s almost no room left in the NFL for a guy that has zero athletic ability.
I know Tom Brady is the exception and not the rule but he did just win the Super Bowl again. And I do feel the RPOs and quick slants and stuff like that are taking over the game. Plus the league protects QBs so much. If you have the ability to get he ball exactly where it needs to be quickly, then that's a pretty valuable skill. I don't know. He's kind of like Chad Pennington but with a live arm IMO

Schwartz is likely to get drafted today, but I wonder if any other Auburn player does.

Damn. Got to rd 5 and Seth Williams still hasn't been drafted. Gotta say, I'm surprised by that.

Sherwood just got picked up by the Jets. I personally think he'll be a stud in the league but we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't grow into a linebacker

Damn. Got to rd 5 and Seth Williams still hasn't been drafted. Gotta say, I'm surprised by that.

Sherwood just got picked up by the Jets. I personally think he'll be a stud in the league but we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't grow into a linebacker

Looks like he will be a linebacker

Wow heard Flash got drafted, but had no idea we were so badly represented until I read this thread. Watched 20 minutes Thursday then found something better to do. Used to follow it closely before it got Gussed up & focusing on these Horses getting ready to run.

Reactions: WDE_Tarp
So Seth wound up going in the 6th rd? Damn. Did he have character issues or something?

tenor.gif

Seen 2-3 mocks so far and Malik is between 1-10 in all. Just wildS. Has anybody seen McShays that came out yesterday? I can’t get it to work on my phone.

Damn. I mean kid obviously made the right move. He’d never have been considered a top prospect under Gus’ tutelage but he could’ve saved Gus’ job.

Damn. I mean kid obviously made the right move. He’d never have been considered a top prospect under Gus’ tutelage but he could’ve saved Gus’ job.
Nah. That Marshall O only works with a decent OL and he wasn’t developed enough throwing the ball until he got under Freeze.

Reactions: MomentInTheSun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT