ADVERTISEMENT

Official Off-season Thread

MomentInTheSun

Dec 14, 2016
Season’s over gang. But now it’s time to monitor the coming and going and entering and exiting of portals that all these children will be doing.

Bruce said he’s excited to build around Jayling next year. Gotta think that was a bit of lip service to keep him boogville while we pursue other kids.

I think Wen, KD, and Zep all stick around. Everyone else I could see leaving. Gonna be interesting

Got one of the most elite backcourts in the country locked in. BRUCE hitting the HS and tranny market with a #1 draft pick and potential lotto pick to replace gonna cash in nicely there. Suspect we add a 3,4,5 at minimum but could be more depending on who moves on.

FERG has a good piece up at the Observer about next year's roster. Nothing earth shattering, but a good read.

I guess Devan ended up being kinda like Danjel there at the end or at least to me I’ve given up on him but really wish him nothing but the best at everything. I think @midnighttulips said he wouldn’t sign autographs or anything, so that put me over him finally, and is Danjel like. That said, I don’t remember many players in our past being such freak athletes & he might have finished as many alley oop thunder slams as anyone I can recall. And oh boy at that LSU game he had a couple years ago. Make us proud young buck, but somewhere else.

Tevin Brown signing with an agent and entering the NBA draft. I'm personally glad, because I don't think anyone would be that high on him if it wasn't for that stupid Twitter alliance. Let's either get a 40+ % 3 point shooter, or a more athletic guy who shoots the 3 fairly well.

Tevin Brown signing with an agent and entering the NBA draft. I'm personally glad, because I don't think anyone would be that high on him if it wasn't for that stupid Twitter alliance. Let's either get a 40+ % 3 point shooter, or a more athletic guy who shoots the 3 fairly well.
Count me in the he’s a complete stud camp but guess it’s not to be. Oh well suspect BRUCE will find us someone I like even more as a boog.

I’ll take anyone that can be reliable from 3. Jabari was the only person by the end of the year that I felt confident could make a shot. I know Wen and KD can be that way but they’re such confidence players that it just kills the whole team when they’re going through it so to speak. And guys like J Train and Flanny just have too weird of shooting form to ever be a consistent shooter.

Reactions: Boytano
I guess Devan ended up being kinda like Danjel there at the end or at least to me I’ve given up on him but really wish him nothing but the best at everything. I think @midnighttulips said he wouldn’t sign autographs or anything, so that put me over him finally, and is Danjel like. That said, I don’t remember many players in our past being such freak athletes & he might have finished as many alley oop thunder slams as anyone I can recall. And oh boy at that LSU game he had a couple years ago. Make us proud young buck, but somewhere else.
I honestly felt that day that he had already decided not to come back. And I get it. They just played a game and they’re tired. But it wasn’t like you had 50 kids out there. Eight to 12 at most and all but my guys were huddled around CMO and Flanny. They had seen DC coming and wanted his autograph so had moved away from the crowd and toward the door he was walking toward. Dude just looked at them and blew right past them with their little basketballs and sharpies in hand. 😂

Anyway, Flanny saved the day. The six year old said, Aunt Dana, Flanny looked at me and said, ‘Sup little man.” He was thrilled. CMO was great, too, and the first one out and he got mobbed.
No matter what either of those two do, they will always be considered good AU men by me.

And I wish nothing but the best for DC, and I really do realize if he stopped for my nephews, others would have followed and he would have gotten held up for a while.

tl;dr: DC wouldn’t interact with kids; regardless, CMO and Flanny saved the day; I’m really not fond of kids myself so no hard feelings toward DC - I get it.

My evaluation skills are mediocre at best, I could be wrong for sure. Wonder if @Fatz Geronimo has had a chance to watch the young fella?
I lean towards he’s a great college player, but not great enough to recruit over the guys we have at 2/3 because I worry about him defensively at the 3

I told you guys, Kessler was defensive heroin… this is the first year under BRUCE we’ve been elite defensively and I can’t go back… and I’ve watched so much Texas Tech and see what they do with their versatility and switchability 2-5 and because of the size they have on the wing

Bruce will always get elite small guards… but I need a Malik/Flanny level specimen at 3-5 now

I love Samir, and Tevin, and they can play all the minutes at the 1/2 they can earn… but I can’t have it at the 3 anymore - and I don’t think Tevin is a large enough improvement over KD to waste our time… I feel like there will be a better 3 available, and we can afford to be patient

I’ll take anyone that can be reliable from 3. Jabari was the only person by the end of the year that I felt confident could make a shot. I know Wen and KD can be that way but they’re such confidence players that it just kills the whole team when they’re going through it so to speak. And guys like J Train and Flanny just have too weird of shooting form to ever be a consistent shooter.
I need to find KD’s splits post-UGA game… when he hurt his hand against them, at the time he scared the shit out of me the way he ran to the tunnel, but he was back in the game so quickly I never thought of it again until a few days ago

I’m going to lie and convince myself his awful shooting the last 2 months was because of the hand injury… he shot 39% from 3 at UGA, and we generate far more clean looks for him now than he had there

^ so these guys ^ aren't fond of BRUCE or his frontcourt. They have some valid criticism, the guards were very inconsistent this year especially down the stretch and BRUCE and crew never really found a way to reignite the offence. The overall youth and lack of experience really took its toll on the team, couple that with poor bench play over the last month of the season there just didn't seem to be a lot of confidence on the court or sideline. I really hope the frontcourt can play with more control next season, to many possessions were wasted by guys barreling into the paint and throwing up a shot or loose handles leading to a turnover.

Reactions: midnighttulips
I’m just glad we got Blue Bloods in the Final Four. Best tickets I had were my Elite 8 tickets. Literally center court, lower level, 11th row.
Took a loss on those suckers. Tickets in those lower sections errywhere. Literally over 2K tickets left in the Midwest region this morning.
Stupid ass Miami fans - no way those tickets are there if AU makes it.

Reactions: nugp33 and Boytano
I’m just glad we got Blue Bloods in the Final Four. Best tickets I had were my Elite 8 tickets. Literally center court, lower level, 11th row.
Took a loss on those suckers. Tickets in those lower sections errywhere. Literally over 2K tickets left in the Midwest region this morning.
Stupid ass Miami fans - no way those tickets are there if AU makes it.
Sad fuggn dayz

• Sad
Reactions: midnighttulips
Hell of a day for us, Boogs. Words cannot express how much I’d kill all of humanity for Bruce.

The SEC’s best program will continue to be just that. Aren’t done yet either.

Reactions: nugp33 and DM8
Like l'eau à l'âme. Just another reminder that Bruce is Monet placed in a moment in time to do master works in a hick town in Alabama. God works in mysterious ways.

ADVERTISEMENT