ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official: Miss St. vs The Boogs Game Thread******

MomentInTheSun

Dec 14, 2016
Yes, I know that the Boogs are a basketball school and the nuclear dump dropped by the FBI has consumed most all of you boog fans' sports media diets this week. But I'm here to remind you that, yes, the boogs do indeed play football this saturday, and yes, Gus Malzahn is still the babbling idiot that will be leading them out of the tunnel.

Despite all that, I still have the Boogs winning this one BIG. Covering that surprising 10 pt spread the experts in Vegas placed on the game. The boogs just have too much talent on defense and Stidham IS getting better.

As always, please keep your Boog game thoughts, insights, and queries consolidated to this thread please so not to clutter the front page of The Greg.

After watching what thUGA was able to do to them as far as shutting down Fitzgerald, I am not overly concerned with them putting up points. No reason that we won't shut them down just as well as Kirby's boys did.

Now scoring may still be an issue (obviously since the Zahn is in charge) ... but it'll at least be nice to see both of the top backs playing in a game together.

27-13 Boogs.

Any news on if Tre Williams will be playing this week? Not too worried about his absence bc of the LB depth, but would still like him out there. He had a great start to the season before his injury.

Any news on if Tre Williams will be playing this week? Not too worried about his absence bc of the LB depth, but would still like him out there. He had a great start to the season before his injury.
He should be good to go... I'm pretty sure if it had been a game that we were concerned with losing last week he would have strapped it up and played. I expect him to start this week though.

He should be good to go... I'm pretty sure if it had been a game that we were concerned with losing last week he would have strapped it up and played. I expect him to start this week though.
Nice, Tre seems way more explosive and quicker to me this year. Anyone else think that? Could just mean he's more comfortable in his role in Steele's defense and isn't thinking as much. But he looks like a legit NFL prospect this season. Hope he can stay healthy

I hate to say it, but I see a heartbreaking victory in store for the Tigers this weekend...

somehow, Gus has been kept away from the defense for a solid 3 years now and we’re reaping the bountiful rewards... those stone cold killers will carry his spectrum clownshow to another comfortable, yet completely uninspiring, victory in our long slog to absolutely nowhere

Boogs 30
Hunchbacks 17

I hate to say it, but I see a heartbreaking victory in store for the Tigers this weekend...

somehow, Gus has been kept away from the defense for a solid 3 years now and we’re reaping the bountiful rewards... those stone cold killers will carry his spectrum clownshow to another comfortable, yet completely uninspiring, victory in our long slog to absolutely nowhere

Boogs 30
Hunchbacks 17
Yes. DTQBs used to be Boog kryptonite, but Kevin handled Deseaun Watson well last year. Killed Fitzgerald as well. Then this D held Clemson's O, led by another DTQB stud, to just 14 pts as well. I just don't see Dan getting more than 17 on AU in Jordan Hare unless they force some turnovers.

Key to this game will be if boogs can run the ball up the middle or not. Humpbacks are one DT short of having an OK SEC line. OL play has been uninspiring to this point, if that doesn't change Gus COULD find a way to lose this game. When we can run the ball, everything else in Gus's offense works pretty well (which is why its asinine not to have a dual threat QB). Both offenses will try to wear down the other's DL, so sustaining drives is really important.

Reactions: fairfield35064
Nice, Tre seems way more explosive and quicker to me this year. Anyone else think that? Could just mean he's more comfortable in his role in Steele's defense and isn't thinking as much. But he looks like a legit NFL prospect this season. Hope he can stay healthy

I don't know if he doubled down on S&C during the offseason, is more comfortable/playing faster or some combination of both. But he's definitely raised up and it's fun to watch.

On another note, thoughts on JAMEL after getting his first start?

I noticed Kevin opted to leave him on an island matched up with Mizzou's #1WR and pitched a shut out. It's hard to know how much of that was JD versus Mizzou being atrocious, but he was all over that guy from the jump.

I'm still pining to see us get Javaris and Jamel on the field together, via Javaris replacing Dinson at Nickel and Jamel at field corner. Dinson is good versus the run, but he's suspect against the pass. Gets routinely beat inside and gave up what should have been a long TD pass, had the Mizzou WR not lost the ball in the lights. That's a TD against most teams.

Reactions: Fillup Marschell
Here's the problem: the GA back went for big yards. Malzahn saw that. The first 10 of 15 plays are runs to Kerryon, then the next 25 of 35 are runs to Pettway. Auburn wins 21-10.

Reactions: Fillup Marschell

He and JDavis wore orange shirts all week but both are playing tomorrow.

Tega not starting
ohboy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT