ADVERTISEMENT

OT: GOLF

Pure class on the approach to 12. Unlike that rotten Louis rides it up the fuggin railroad ties right of the pin.

Great final round. Louis chokes a lot for having that super calm demeanor
A lot of people are saying Louis choked, but did he? I mean almost everyone in those last few pairings shot over par except Louis. If Rahm doesn’t birdie the last two holes (which you almost never see), it’s at worst a playoff or Louis wins. Feel like this is more of a Rahm took it than a Louis blew it. But I guess that’s debatable.

Yeah I gotta give Rahm all the credit. He’s just a better player than Louis when he’s on and he was dialed in yesterday. Everybody completely fell apart except Louis. Made a bad swing on 17 tee which ultimately cost him.

Reactions: WDE_Tarp
A lot of people are saying Louis choked, but did he? I mean almost everyone in those last few pairings shot over par except Louis. If Rahm doesn’t birdie the last two holes (which you almost never see), it’s at worst a playoff or Louis wins. Feel like this is more of a Rahm took it than a Louis blew it. But I guess that’s debatable.
I consider Louis drives on 17 (especially) and 18 pretty choke worthy. There was zero reason for him to challenge that hazard on 17 and he did.

and maybe it’s not “choking” per se because rarely self destructs. But I’ll say that he’s incredibly un-clutch. His putting was pretty trash

Reactions: WDE_Tarp
I am a Louis fan, but the fact that he has 5 Top 10’s in the US Open since 2011 says a lot about his game for me. I know the goal is to win it, but year in and year out, “our” Open is the best test in golf and he holds his own. He hit a bad shot off the box on 17. Right after he made a clutch ass putt. Maybe he got choked up between the 16th green and the 17 tee??

ADVERTISEMENT