ADVERTISEMENT

OT: GOLF

giphy.gif

I was once -3 with 3 to play. Finished double, double, and bogey on the easiest par 5 you’d ever seen. I knew I was playing really well, but my dumbass buddy had to let me know just how well standing on the 16th tee. We didn’t play together for a long while afterwards..

Saw Gus Malzahn won a closest to the pin contest the other day. Wonder what his handicap is? Fun fact too: Gene Chizik doesn’t even play golf

I’ve seen his swing. Not awful, but his lower body is a mess. Kind of reminds me of my swing TBH
My dad said he didn’t play. As chief boog, I think he was required to host some charity golf events that my dad attended, and I believe Chiz told him that he didn’t play. Said he just participated in some putting contest and that was it

My dad said he didn’t play. As chief boog, I think he was required to host some charity golf events that my dad attended, and I believe Chiz told him that he didn’t play. Said he just participated in some putting contest and that was it
I was talking about Gus since we were speculating as to his handicap and all. I’d guess between 12-15. I’d imagine he could be pretty solid if he wanted, but I doubt he devotes much time to it. I’d also wager that his on-course decision making is horrendous

on a semi-related note, should be a great tourney this weekend at the Wells Fargo...

great field (DJ, Spieth, Rahm, Rose excluded)

most of the big names have had varying degrees of success here - Rory, JT, Rickie, Reed, Day, Phil, Hideki each have wins or multiple top 5’s/10’s here if you count last years PGA

a deep field of the second tier guys who either fit the course or have good history - you can make arguments for Casey, Finau, Molinari, Simpson, Fleetwood, Noren, Louis, Schaufele, Kisner, Woodland plus another 20 guys who could conceivably top 10-20

oh, and Tiger

and it was the toughest course on tour last year after the redesign

great field plus tough course should lead to a bunched leaderboard which always makes for a fun weekend... provided Rory doesn’t run away and hide - which is also fun, just a different kind of fun

on a semi-related note, should be a great tourney this weekend at the Wells Fargo...

great field (DJ, Spieth, Rahm, Rose excluded)

most of the big names have had varying degrees of success here - Rory, JT, Rickie, Reed, Day, Phil, Hideki each have wins or multiple top 5’s/10’s here if you count last years PGA

a deep field of the second tier guys who either fit the course or have good history - you can make arguments for Casey, Finau, Molinari, Simpson, Fleetwood, Noren, Louis, Schaufele, Kisner, Woodland plus another 20 guys who could conceivably top 10-20

oh, and Tiger

and it was the toughest course on tour last year after the redesign

great field plus tough course should lead to a bunched leaderboard which always makes for a fun weekend... provided Rory doesn’t run away and hide - which is also fun, just a different kind of fun
Typically a strong field and leaderboard. Suprised those guys aren’t playing except Spieth. It’s a big boy bombers track. Great course and the closing stretch is one of the best on tour. Maybe the PGA being there less than a year ago a few guys mixing up their schedule.

I was talking about Gus since we were speculating as to his handicap and all. I’d guess between 12-15. I’d imagine he could be pretty solid if he wanted, but I doubt he devotes much time to it. I’d also wager that his on-course decision making is horrendous
I can see Gus thinking “30yds to the green, everyone thinks ima lay this up with my SW. I’m just going to softly tap it with my 3W, no one will see that coming”

That’s just crazy. No idea how a middle age man can be sitting on a fortune and all the leisure time in the world and not play golf. Hope he’s in a bowling league at least.
He's got all the money in the world and he spends his days behind a deep fryer pushing chicken fingers... I'd imagine a bowling league is more his style

He's got all the money in the world and he spends his days behind a deep fryer pushing chicken fingers... I'd imagine a bowling league is more his style
LMAO what timing on this.

Gene describes himself as a foodie cause he loves chicken fingers and cheeseburgers. Pretty much the opposite of a foodie but no wonder he’ll never leave Boogville.

Anyway back to the topic at hand Rory and Phil looking good early.

Reactions: stutsman23
LMAO what timing on this.

Gene describes himself as a foodie cause he loves chicken fingers and cheeseburgers. Pretty much the opposite of a foodie but no wonder he’ll never leave Boogville.

Anyway back to the topic at hand Rory and Phil looking good early.
Haha, perfect timing.

Not sure what to think of Rory. Dude is playing good golf. I hope he gets back to championship form to really push some of these young American kids and give them a rival who they aren't buddies with. I definitely don't think he'll ever get the career major, Augusta fvcks with his head and he just can't get it done there IMO. That Sunday back 9 in 2011 will haunt him forever

Webb Simpson and DJ tearing it up this morning. The first “featured group” is a combined +6 thru 12. FYI, Updates may be more delayed than I realize...

Gang, I’ve always defended Phil but I can’t defend that godawful button down shirt. Good lord it’s horrible.

There’s just no way that’s comfortable. I don’t give a damn how stretchy it is.

Lol Brandel giving Tiger the business for an uninspiring finish. Still 65 solid round.

ADVERTISEMENT