ADVERTISEMENT

OT: GOLF

Nobody listening to this but golf would be a lot more interesting if bunker shots weren’t the easiest shots in the world. Although Sungjae manage to fat a runner off the green. Meanwhile Cam Smith hitting block cuts off people’s roofs on the courses most of us play and making birdies.

Reactions: MomentInTheSun
So much going on Sports wise this weekend but I will definitely be recording Golf this weekend. The Tiger Cub putting his game on display this weekend excites me bigly. Can’t imagine being 11 and dealing with this pressure and stage.

So much going on Sports wise this weekend but I will definitely be recording Golf this weekend. The Tiger Cub putting his game on display this weekend excites me bigly. Can’t imagine being 11 and dealing with this pressure and stage.
Child is lighting up the Twittersphere with his ridic move and club twirls.

Reactions: wcw3au1
@Denim Vest thots on Axis putters?

Saw that Rose switched and did some research on them. Interesting technology. Kinda ugly though
Interesting I’d actually never heard of them. Rose is one of the best putters out there so nice endorsement for them.

Looked at their site I guess they are basically saying they are perfectly face balanced? Which to me doesn’t really mean much. Personally I’m a feel putter and need the toe hang of a blade. Suppose it’s great for a pro like Rose who can grind on his putting for hours a day get all specked out use a claw grip or whatever and have a flat grip put on with a laser for perfect alignment.

I played around with an EVNroll putter for a bit. Tinker every once in awhile but always go back to the Scotty. Problem I find with some of these putters that are supposed to have more tech is I lose too much feel. Maybe good for making more 5 footers but my speed control/ lag putting goes to complete shit.

Anyway tldr I’m sure it’s good if Rose is using it but not for me and putting is more about feel than tech imo.

Interesting I’d actually never heard of them. Rose is one of the best putters out there so nice endorsement for them.

Looked at their site I guess they are basically saying they are perfectly face balanced? Which to me doesn’t really mean much. Personally I’m a feel putter and need the toe hang of a blade. Suppose it’s great for a pro like Rose who can grind on his putting for hours a day get all specked out use a claw grip or whatever and have a flat grip put on with a laser for perfect alignment.

I played around with an EVNroll putter for a bit. Tinker every once in awhile but always go back to the Scotty. Problem I find with some of these putters that are supposed to have more tech is I lose too much feel. Maybe good for making more 5 footers but my speed control/ lag putting goes to complete shit.

Anyway tldr I’m sure it’s good if Rose is using it but not for me and putting is more about feel than tech imo.

I have found that the more I try to become perfectly technically sound, the worse putter I am. I guess that makes me a feel putter, but I still kind of struggle with those 5-10 ft putts that I used to always make and now struggle with.

I have found that the more I try to become perfectly technically sound, the worse putter I am. I guess that makes me a feel putter, but I still kind of struggle with those 5-10 ft putts that I used to always make and now struggle with.
Yeah I’m admittedly a line user from this distance which overall I think helps. Although sometimes it does feel like I get too hung up on setting up with the line instead of just stroking it. But I can usually at least nip enough of the cup if I know I got it lined up.

But still it comes down to stroking a few on the practice green. That usually gets me dialed in enough to make them. Otherwise I just brick everything on the course. That’s the thing too with having a putter you’re speed is good cause if you’re leaving putts outside of 5 feet you’re gonna miss a few. Even pros you get to 8ft it’s 50/50.

Reactions: WDE_Tarp
Yeah I’m admittedly a line user from this distance which overall I think helps. Although sometimes it does feel like I get too hung up on setting up with the line instead of just stroking it. But I can usually at least nip enough of the cup if I know I got it lined up.

But still it comes down to stroking a few on the practice green. That usually gets me dialed in enough to make them. Otherwise I just brick everything on the course. That’s the thing too with having a putter you’re speed is good cause if you’re leaving putts outside of 5 feet you’re gonna miss a few. Even pros you get to 8ft it’s 50/50.

The crazy thing for my game is that if I play a course with really good/fast greens, then I am a great lag putter, but might go all day without knocking down a single put in that intermediate range. I played a course in Florida on the final day of a tournament they were having and greens were really slick. Two-putted almost every time. The only technical one putts came from when I was just off the green and was able to chip it close. I believe I only had one 3 putt and that was a putt where I caught the wrong ridge on a long Eagle putt. Shot one of my best overall rounds ever, but didn't make a single birdie.

Reactions: Denim Vest
ADVERTISEMENT