ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Potential AU Coaching Hires in December 2019?

Is it offset by what's lost keeping Gus employed though. That's what has to be asked by the University and those who pay the bills. What's the ROI for keeping him? What's it look like replacing him? How many years of bad football and poor fan travel can the City of Auburn bear with it's debt load?
well what I'm saying though is that firing gus this season wouldn't do any good. There aren't any really good coaches available, I don't think the school is going to turn it around immediately under just any new coach. So instead of being rash and firing gus to pump life into a dead seal you save the case and use the time to wait for/recruit exactly the right person.

well what I'm saying though is that firing gus this season wouldn't do any good. There aren't any really good coaches available, I don't think the school is going to turn it around immediately under just any new coach. So instead of being rash and firing gus to pump life into a dead seal you save the case and use the time to wait for/recruit exactly the right person.
I've named at least (3) who are leaps and bounds better football coaches than we have today. None of them would cost what we're paying Gus. I'm not sure why people expect us to go hire Bill Bellichek from the Patriots. We have to identify the next one and hire them before they're locked in somewhere else.

No, you don’t. You find a guy that’s proven he can coach ball. Let him come in and build his program and recruit his guys. We don’t need an immediate turn around. We need someone that builds a program that sustains success.

You don’t hold off doing something that you know you eventually have to do. There’s no stability to keeping someone that isn’t progressing your program.

No, you don’t. You find a guy that’s proven he can coach ball. Let him come in and build his program and recruit his guys. We don’t need an immediate turn around. We need someone that builds a program that sustains success.

You don’t hold off doing something that you know you eventually have to do. There’s no stability to keeping someone that isn’t progressing your program.
You also don’t sign him to 49 mil contracts yet here we are

$49 million or 49 cents... sunk cost is sunk cost

typically I’d be on the side of doing anything possible to salvage some ROI... but there is no salvaging Gus... we’ve known this for years... so at this point, having to pay the $49 million is the ONLY CHANCE for people who matter to fully understand what we’re dealing with - and what’s at stake

and it’s. not. my. money.

insert Joker burning pile of money gif

there is no argument for keeping Gus worth considering... and I can say that with all of the righteousness and annoying arrogance that crawls up people’s asses sideways because my track record with regards to this motherfvcker is beyond reproach

I haven't liked gus since 2014 either mates. I knew him winning the LSU game was a disaster. I just don't have a lot of hope for Auburn being great in the next 5 years...maybe after that saban will be ded or something and we can get back to being competitive.

I haven't liked gus since 2014 either mates. I knew him winning the LSU game was a disaster. I just don't have a lot of hope for Auburn being great in the next 5 years...maybe after that saban will be ded or something and we can get back to being competitive.
That depends on what you mean by competitive. I think the right coaching hire this Winter or next could have us playing well in year 2, and very good in year 3. It's the typical turnaround time when a very good coach takes over a program with resources. There are probably a dozen coaches out there right now that could do this. What we need to identify though are the ones who have the best long term plan and the character/personality to sustain long term growth.

You can't be so scared to move forward that you stay where you are forever.

Most of us on the Greg knew this would happen and deserve better. I mean I didn’t even dream it could be this bad but Gus would be back in Arkansas if had been up to me. At the same time another year or 2 of this might be the harsh lesson much of our fanbase and decision makers need to learn from what they’ve done and direct the proper respect, support and dollars toward BRUCE.

Most of us on the Greg knew this would happen and deserve better. I mean I didn’t even dream it could be this bad but Gus would be back in Arkansas if had been up to me. At the same time another year or 2 of this might be the harsh lesson much of our fanbase and decision makers need to learn from what they’ve done and direct the proper respect, support and dollars toward BRUCE.
ARK was offering to PAY our bills and we let it slide smh.

I'm still quite dubious about who au thinks they'll be able to get after all this. I don't think many quality coaches want to leave a stable gig and step into this shit show. Hopefully we go the Lane Kiffen route. After that, I'm scared to think of a the realistic possibilities.

I'm still quite dubious about who au thinks they'll be able to get after all this. I don't think many quality coaches want to leave a stable gig and step into this shit show. Hopefully we go the Lane Kiffen route. After that, I'm scared to think of a the realistic possibilities.

At least whomever is in consideration will know that if they come here they will get payed.

Reactions: midnighttulips
Didn't realize either that Dino Barbers was already 57 years old. Thought he was a younger up and comer but he's bounced around as a position coach all over the place for a long time.

There’s literally a multitude of G5 coaches who are much less retarded than Gus. Bill Clark would be my first call after I made some of the usual suspects tell me no.

There’s literally a multitude of G5 coaches who are much less retarded than Gus. Bill Clark would be my first call after I made some of the usual suspects tell me no.
yeah. I think htere's tons of people that are better than Gus. But that's really not the point if you're having to spend 30 million dollars. If you're ponying up that kind of cash, you better have a real good idea of how you're gonna get a proven winner to AU. Just hiring someone less retarded than Gus most likely puts this record on repeat.

yeah. I think htere's tons of people that are better than Gus. But that's really not the point if you're having to spend 30 million dollars. If you're ponying up that kind of cash, you better have a real good idea of how you're gonna get a proven winner to AU. Just hiring someone less retarded than Gus most likely puts this record on repeat.
You would think but then JABA is JABA for a reason. I mean after they shit canned Chizik they hired Gus. I am fully expecting us to hire Greg Brown because of all of his life experience and connections around the country.

This could ultimately be the guy fam.
636194129735573276-AP-314361110555.jpg

Go hire whoever helps coach Cam’s 7v7 squad. Whoever it is prob makes like $35k and has a line on the next electrifying dual threat QB. We got former boogs all over the staff that are plus recruiters and the allure of the AL retirement fund to attract old assistant ball coaches to fill the gaps.

You would think but then JABA is JABA for a reason. I mean after they shit canned Chizik they hired Gus. I am fully expecting us to hire Greg Brown because of all of his life experience and connections around the country.

This could ultimately be the guy fam.
636194129735573276-AP-314361110555.jpg
At least when A&M paid Sumlin’s absurd buyout, they went and got Jimbo. So it made sense. It’d be so AU to shatter, what I’m assuming is, the record for paying a college coaches’ buyout only to go hire another former HS coach.

Reactions: Fillup Marschell
And that's nothing agianst bill clark as I think he'd been a good candidate if Gus left last season. But whoever takes this gig, if Gus gets fired after this season, is gonna have a hell storm of enormous pressure on them. Being the guy that boosters stumped up 30 million for is pretty unprecedented and it'd take a dude with a championship caliber resume to calm people down imo.

And that's nothing agianst bill clark as I think he'd been a good candidate if Gus left last season. But whoever takes this gig, if Gus gets fired after this season, is gonna have a hell storm of enormous pressure on them. Being the guy that boosters stumped up 30 million for is pretty unprecedented and it'd take a dude with a championship caliber resume to calm people down imo.
Completely agree. Only a big name would calm the masses. While Bill Clark may be a solid hire, the timing isn’t right for a hire like him.

I don’t think we’re getting one in that mold either

that’s part of it though - I don’t care that this hire makes us “great” in the next 5 years, depending on your definition of great...

it’s past time, way way way way way past time, to stop putting bandaids on shotgun wounds, or hiring with an eye on winning ASAP...and I have a feeling Allen Greene has the vision necessary to see things this way

this hire has to be someone to lay the groundwork for the next 20 years, not 5... they don’t have to be someone who will be here 20 years, but they must take the necessary steps to be sure we’re where we want to be 5/10/20 years from now... we have to decide what we want as a program, determine a plan to get there, and then hire the right guy to get - and keep - us on the right path... period

I have no clue who that is yet - but with the right guy, making the right sales pitch, to the right guy, we can easily get that guy... because once we determine what that goal is - beyond winning games, or beating BAMA, or winning championships - but what our ultimate long term goal is as a program, we can sell the shit out of the fact that we are one of the few programs in th country with the resources to actually see it through

and it’s time we finally get some adults in charge who act like it

that’s part of it though - I don’t care that this hire makes us “great” in the next 5 years, depending on your definition of great...

it’s past time, way way way way way past time, to stop putting bandaids on shotgun wounds, or hiring with an eye on winning ASAP...and I have a feeling Allen Greene has the vision necessary to see things this way

this hire has to be someone to lay the groundwork for the next 20 years, not 5... they don’t have to be someone who will be here 20 years, but they must take the necessary steps to be sure we’re where we want to be 5/10/20 years from now... we have to decide what we want as a program, determine a plan to get there, and then hire the right guy to get - and keep - us on the right path... period

I have no clue who that is yet - but with the right guy, making the right sales pitch, to the right guy, we can easily get that guy... because once we determine what that goal is - beyond winning games, or beating BAMA, or winning championships - but what our ultimate long term goal is as a program, we can sell the shit out of the fact that we are one of the few programs in th country with the resources to actually see it through

tenor.gif

Growing up in a world of instant gratification has really changed the mindset of a big part of our culture. Hardly anyone plays the long game anymore.

That's a nice post there mate. Hope you're right about Greene. I think he is that guy but we haven't seen it yet. I think Clemson has possibly shown us a good blueprint but who knows I'm not all that knowledgeable about that sort of thing.

Reactions: Fatz Geronimo
Time to get this going again. In pulling for my Rebels this weekend, Zahn may secure his firing.I obviously have a soft spot in heart for Bill Clark, but I don't think he needs to be the first call.Think we gotta call:

Dabo, just to see if laughs at us. Then working to the realistic ones

Gotta think Brohm could be the favorite here

Time to get this going again. In pulling for my Rebels this weekend, Zahn may secure his firing.I obviously have a soft spot in heart for Bill Clark, but I don't think he needs to be the first call.Think we gotta call:

Dabo, just to see if laughs at us. Then working to the realistic ones

Gotta think Brohm could be the favorite here

Special place indeed

IMG_3063_zpszpypcpla.png

What are everyone’s thoughts about watching the Hat eat grass on the side of Pat Dye field every homegame?

I ask because a boog just preposed this to me. I was a little taken aback.

What are everyone’s thoughts about watching the Hat eat grass on the side of Pat Dye field every homegame?

I ask because a boog just preposed this to me. I was a little taken aback.

Absolutely hate the idea. We're talking about the person who ran the monster Saban built at LSU into the ground. Ed Orgeron is literally a better coach than he is.

Reactions: Slippin Jimmy
ADVERTISEMENT