ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Recruits talk Iron Bowl rivalry

WDE_Tarp

Jul 3, 2012
LOL, fvck Gus

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/iron-bowl-survey-what-prospects-think-of-sec-s-top-rivalry

MOBILE, Ala – The Rivals Camp Series presented by adidas made a stop in Mobile over the weekend and stirred up plenty of conversation about the in-state programs. Auburn and Alabama are always at the forefront of football events in the region, so the timing was perfect for an Iron Bowl survey. Rivals.com spent some time during camp registration top poll prospects on topics related to the state’s most famous rivalry. A sampling of the responses is below.

MORE FROM MOBILE: Next Saban? | Prospects pick MVPs | Hot teams in Mobile | Awards| Prospects who earned their stripes | Takeaways | Full schedule

WHICH COACH WILL STAY LONGER, AUBURN'S GUS MALZAHN OR ALABAMA'S NICK SABAN?
“Saban for sure. He’s not retiring. He wants to keep winning with this dynasty.” – 2020 Athlete

Kris Draine

“Saban, I think. I He’s not going anywhere.” -- Three-star quarterback

Sheldon Layman

“Saban. He’s not ready to be don yet.” -- Mississippi-based quarterback

Kenneth Jefferson

“I’m going to have to go with Saban. I think he could be around at least five more years.” – Three-star defensive back

DJ James

“It’s going to be Saban. Everyone always thinks he’s going to retire or something, but he just keeps going.” -- Three-star defensive back

Jarrian Jones

“Saban. He’ll stay around as long as he wants.” -- Offensive lineman

Tyrique Sellers

“I think Nick Saban. He’s going to make it two more years. I’ll give him that.” -- Three-star offensive lineman

Caleb Etenne

“This is a really hard question because it could be close, but I’ll say Coach Malzahn. Saban just signed a contract and I think this is the last contract he’ll have then he’ll retire.” —Four-star quarterback

Paul Tyson
, grandson of former Alabama coach Bear Bryant

WHICH SCHOOL HAS BETTER FOOTBALL FACILITIES?
“It’s like … they are both the same.” - Draine

“That’s definitely Alabama. They have all the support they need or want there.” – Layman

“I’ll have to go with Alabama. It’s just very nice there.” – James

“Alabama. I love that weight room and the trophy room there is huge.” – Jones

“I think Alabama. Everything out there, man. It’s all overwhelming.” – Tyson

“Alabama. Everything there just feels ... really intense and really big.” -- Jefferson

WHICH SCHOOL HAS BETTER GAMEDAY ATMOSPHERE?

mmfjleeqhbjdygt0fsv1

Jordan-Hare Stadium
AP
“I think Auburn fans are little crazier than Alabama.” – Draine

“I gotta say Alabama. Those people are crazy. I think the people at Auburn ... they are more … it’s kind of more of a rich people atmosphere.” – Layman

“I’ll have to go Auburn. Those people are really crazy there. And when the eagle flies across the field, it’s cool.” – James

“Auburn. Before the game starts, and they drop the eagle? Man, that can’t be beat. It’s amazing” – Jones

“Auburn, in my opinion. They have fun.” – Etenne

“I would say on a regular basis, Alabama. But Auburn gets up. I was at that Alabama-Auburn game and they were playing Swag Surfin’. That’s as hyped as I’ve ever seen a stadium.” -- Tyson

WHICH SCHOOL WILL WIN ANOTHER HEISMAN TROPHY SOONER?
“Alabama. It’s going to be that freshman quarterback – Tua [Tagovailoa]. He can scramble and he can throw the ball. He keeps his eyes down field.” – Draine

“Alabama and it’s going to be Tua. He’s a freak.” – Layman

“Alabama and it’s probably going to be Tua. He’s a real dual-threat quarterback. He can run and also throw really well.” – James

“Alabama. I think Tua. That boy can throw and he’s versatile. He can run. He can do everything.” - Jones

“Alabama with that quarterback (Tagovailoa).” – Etenne

"Tua Tagovailoa. He’s already showed he can step up in big positions and make something happen.” -- Tyson

WHICH SCHOOL WILL WIN THE 2018 IRON BOWL?

zthegaz6ppek4ym39xo1

Tua Tagovailoa
AP
“Alabama. That’s easy.” – Draine

“I think Auburn has a shot this year. I’m gonna pick Auburn. They got this.” -- Jefferson

“Alabama.” – Layman

“Alabama for sure.” -- James

“Alabama. Yeah? I think Bama.” – Jones

“Alabama. I mean, they’ve already showed us what they have next year. They played five freshmen on that game-winning drive (in the title game).” -- Tyson

WHICH TEAM WILL WIN MORE GAMES IN 2018?
“Alabama. They are all set up.” – Draine

“Alabama.” – Layman

“Alabama. I think they’ll go undefeated.” – James

“Bama. They have a quarterback that can actually throw the ball now.” – Jones

“Alabama. They might lose one, but they’ll either lose one or go undefeated.” – Etenne

Teeemz are stepping up to kumpeeet wit tuzkaloooza. JAWJA iz doin thare part. We beeet them lazt yeer. I thank Tennezzee and GAINESVILLE iz on the up and up.
I think UF will be good. Gotta see it to believe it on UT. I think Pruitt is a pretty good coach, but not sold that he was ready for that job. He’ll get talent though

LOL, fvck Gus

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/iron-bowl-survey-what-prospects-think-of-sec-s-top-rivalry

MOBILE, Ala – The Rivals Camp Series presented by adidas made a stop in Mobile over the weekend and stirred up plenty of conversation about the in-state programs. Auburn and Alabama are always at the forefront of football events in the region, so the timing was perfect for an Iron Bowl survey. Rivals.com spent some time during camp registration top poll prospects on topics related to the state’s most famous rivalry. A sampling of the responses is below.

MORE FROM MOBILE: Next Saban? | Prospects pick MVPs | Hot teams in Mobile | Awards| Prospects who earned their stripes | Takeaways | Full schedule

“Saban for sure. He’s not retiring. He wants to keep winning with this dynasty.” – 2020 Athlete

Kris Draine

Sheldon Layman

Kenneth Jefferson

“I’m going to have to go with Saban. I think he could be around at least five more years.” – Three-star defensive back

DJ James

“It’s going to be Saban. Everyone always thinks he’s going to retire or something, but he just keeps going.” -- Three-star defensive back

Jarrian Jones

Tyrique Sellers

“I think Nick Saban. He’s going to make it two more years. I’ll give him that.” -- Three-star offensive lineman

Caleb Etenne

“This is a really hard question because it could be close, but I’ll say Coach Malzahn. Saban just signed a contract and I think this is the last contract he’ll have then he’ll retire.” —Four-star quarterback

Paul Tyson

“That’s definitely Alabama. They have all the support they need or want there.” – Layman

“Alabama. Everything there just feels ... really intense and really big.” -- Jefferson

mmfjleeqhbjdygt0fsv1

Jordan-Hare Stadium
AP

“I gotta say Alabama. Those people are crazy. I think the people at Auburn ... they are more … it’s kind of more of a rich people atmosphere.” – Layman

“I’ll have to go Auburn. Those people are really crazy there. And when the eagle flies across the field, it’s cool.” – James

“Auburn. Before the game starts, and they drop the eagle? Man, that can’t be beat. It’s amazing” – Jones

“I would say on a regular basis, Alabama. But Auburn gets up. I was at that Alabama-Auburn game and they were playing Swag Surfin’. That’s as hyped as I’ve ever seen a stadium.” -- Tyson

“Alabama. It’s going to be that freshman quarterback – Tua [Tagovailoa]. He can scramble and he can throw the ball. He keeps his eyes down field.” – Draine

“Alabama and it’s probably going to be Tua. He’s a real dual-threat quarterback. He can run and also throw really well.” – James

“Alabama. I think Tua. That boy can throw and he’s versatile. He can run. He can do everything.” - Jones

"Tua Tagovailoa. He’s already showed he can step up in big positions and make something happen.” -- Tyson

zthegaz6ppek4ym39xo1

Tua Tagovailoa
AP

“I think Auburn has a shot this year. I’m gonna pick Auburn. They got this.” -- Jefferson

“Alabama.” – Layman

“Alabama. I mean, they’ve already showed us what they have next year. They played five freshmen on that game-winning drive (in the title game).” -- Tyson

“Alabama.” – Layman

“Alabama. They might lose one, but they’ll either lose one or go undefeated.” – Etenne

Oh dear

Reactions: AUbruce and demeat
Neither, our guys are too stupid to relinquish power to a GOAT coach. The PTB would have found a way to get us on probation and ran him off.

Fair point, just have thought about this a few times and I just don't see any way they don't kill our coach if this were to somehow happen.

Neither, our guys are too stupid to relinquish power to a GOAT coach. The PTB would have found a way to get us on probation and ran him off.
Just think if Saban would've refused to move from Auburn Methodist (?) to Church of the Highlands when Jacobs had all his coaches join the cult.

Reactions: fairfield35064
It’s will always be amazing to me that if the idiot doctors at the Dolphins had just let Saban sign Brees, then this whole Boog football nightmare never would’ve happened. Fugg that DR whoever he is
As a Saints fan almost as long as I've been an Auburn fan, I am glad it worked out the way it did. Let's face it, Auburn would've squandered the chance some other way.

LOL, fvck Gus

Kris Draine

Sheldon Layman

Kenneth Jefferson

DJ James

Jarrian Jones

Tyrique Sellers

Caleb Etenne

Paul Tyson

mmfjleeqhbjdygt0fsv1

Jordan-Hare Stadium
AP

zthegaz6ppek4ym39xo1

Tua Tagovailoa
AP

“Alabama.” – Layman

“Alabama.” – Layman

And the damn SSP's want to say the D&G's have LBS. This is what most people who aren't wearing orange and blue glasses see the difference in the programs and the coaches running them.

But hey, at least we beat them once every 4 years.

Tuberville would just now be retiring as HC and moving on to AD after going 70-34 over eight years.
Think how much money they'd have saved if they just hired Malzahn to come run the offense and had a better bagman structure in place.

Trade Knox for Trooper, laugh at Rhett coming on as anything more than a waterboy, bring DAMEYUNE home to coach QBs. It was time for Nall to go either way, which leaves you with still being able to bring Jeff Grimes (or any decent OL coach) to recruit some TACKLES.

Would've saved $10s of millions and had the same product or better. Hindsight's always 50/50 though.

ADVERTISEMENT