ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Top 25 hoops thread (Non SEC)

Sick class. Can’t wait to abuse those young Dukies in Maui next year.
1284123330_chris-hansen-gif.gif

Wild finish in Oh St- PSU. Can pretty much take Oh St out of contention for a top 2 seed in the tourney with that L.

I watched the second half of the Purdue/Mich game last night. Purdue is probably the most fundamentally sound team I’ve ever seen play. And the can shoot the lights out. Also, Haas is a hoss stud. But, it was like watching a team from the 1950’s play. They could get and run in transition a little bit but as a team, they are slow. If we could get them out of their slow white boy pace, I have no doubt that we could take them. IMHO.

Yeah but I’m just thinking there’s probably even more that hasn’t come out that is leading to the drastic resignation so quickly
I didn't get to read it, but I saw something with a headline leading you to believe that this mess went way beyond the Nassar guy and the tentacles of the scandal reached into nearly every program within the AD.

Last edited:
Yeah but I’m just thinking there’s probably even more that hasn’t come out that is leading to the drastic resignation so quickly

Wow. Will believe when it happens. I haven't been following the Mich St angle that closely but don't see why those guys would be forced to resign.

Here it is...

https://nypost.com/2018/01/26/michigan-states-sexual-assault-problem-isnt-limited-to-nassar/

The report also details several sexual abuse allegations made against members of the university’s basketball and football teams during the tenure of its most recognizable figures: basketball coach Tom Izzo and football coach Mark Dantonio.

Yeah I've read these. Doesn't make him sound good at all. I'm just picturing Izzo being at Saban status there, and I imagine if Saban had that article written about him, people would be jumping through hoops to find a way for him to stay. That's why I'm just wondering if it's actually more than him not reporting things correctly. If he resigns tomorrow, to me that indicates there's some proof of pretty bad wrong-doing.

Reactions: BigtimeAub
I know we’re worried about minutes for everyone, but I think we need to find room for Josh Langford to transfer and play for us next year... it would be the right thing to do - give him a safe, and soft, landing spot and a trip to the Final Four to help ease the pain of this heinous Michigan State scandal

I know we’re worried about minutes for everyone, but I think we need to find room for Josh Langford to transfer and play for us next year... it would be the right thing to do - give him a safe, and soft, landing spot and a trip to the Final Four to help ease the pain of this heinous Michigan State scandal

You're a softy humanitarian, but I will agree that sometimes you have to do the right thing. Perhaps this is one of those times.

ADVERTISEMENT