ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Top 25 hoops thread (Non SEC)

So, we’re probably looking at a 1 seed at the next committee release if we win Saturday. Nova lost, Purdue lost. Xavier and Nova play Saturday. It’s possible 3 of the 1 seeds could lose this week.

Reactions: L I G E R
Is Oklahoma in trouble? 6 wins over top 25 teams and 9 losses is an odd combo

The committee had them as a 4 seed. Can’t see any way they miss the tourney unless they just go into a straight freefall and lose out. But they are playing bad right now.

I’d imagine that 20-5 Houston team may be ranked next week. ESPN has been pumping that Cincinnati team.
Yeah Houston isn’t terrible. Cinci and Purdue are pretty much off the 1 line completely at this point though even if they win out.

giphy.gif

So, if my math is correct, 7 of the top 10 lost a team least once this week. Houston and Ohio St lost twice. We probably don’t move much in the rankings. Guessing we stay on the 2 seed line as well.

Reactions: ThrustMaxwell
Oh damn! Arizona’s Allonzo Trier has been declared ineligible for testing positive a second time for a banned substance.

Reactions: BigtimeAub
Sean Miller caught on tape arranging 100k to a croot. See ya

Yeah, Deandre Ayton was probably going to be the PAC 12 POY. Gotta think Zona has to sit him while they investigate this allegation, and this one doesn’t seem like a quick investigation like some of the others from today.

So devonte graham is pretty good. I have seen about 3 games this year of Kansas and none of Texas tech so idk how good/bad TT defense is. Would like to see Davion pester him all night if we have to play him.

Just realized the Big 10 Tourney started today. If I was a coach in that league for one of the 5 teams playing in the Big Dance I’d be hating life. Those teams will have 10-13 days off between games. That has to suck.

Reactions: anon_xdkqbpnrbtnct
That ending to the UVA-Louisville game was nuts. UL has a 10-point lead with 4:00 to go. UVA gets back in it but seemingly can’t take the lead. Intentionally missed a FT trying to get a top in with .9 seconds left. UL’s inbounder moves on the ensuing in-bound play and turns it over. UVA banks in a 3 at the buzzer to win 67-66.

Fun day of hoops today. Starting at 11 CT, four conference tournament finals will take place. Games at 11, 1, and 3:30 CT on CBS and 12 and 2 on ESPN. Love these mid-major finals. And the BIG 10 final between Purdue and Michigan should be a good one.

Last edited:
Reactions: wcw3au1
ADVERTISEMENT