ADVERTISEMENT

+++++ UK vs Boogs (HYGs) Official Game Thread +++++

bout to pop over to read some Rupp's rafters. Can't post. But curious what those "cats" are saying

Holy shit what a W. Such a seesaw affair. I haven't watched a better college game this year between any team. We had them on their heels midway through the 2nd half and then we went cold and they went on a run. Down 51-54 with them on a 10-3 run and we could have folded. Instead, Danjel knocked down a monster 3 and our guys fought their assess off to earn this signature W. So satisfying to see this group pull this off after being so up and down the last month.

Really hope this is the W that propels us to play more consistently. If we can eliminate the long stretches where we have been playing our F game, this team can win any game left on our schedule. Every team goes through stretches during a game where they are shaky, but ours lately have been abysmal which makes it really tough to win. We need to find a floor where we can grind through tough stretches and leave ourselves in positions, as we did today, to take the W late when we start clicking.

Reactions: Van Gorstache
That is fuggin awesome!

3531654.gif

How many double doubles does that make for Wiley this season? As frustrating as he can be we're probably closer to a .500 team without him.
Other than his third foul tonight 30 feet from the basket, Wiley hasn’t frustrated me at all this year. Better in every aspect of his game this year.

Reactions: MomentInTheSun
Rafters is a riot. Some dude with Whitney's name in his handle is upset at Denim and I. Pretty funny that dude created a handle for one of their frosh who just quit the team.

How many double doubles does that make for Wiley this season? As frustrating as he can be we're probably closer to a .500 team without him.

as Bilas said, he's truly an ELITE rebounder and it makes a big difference for us. Cleaning up his FT shooting has been great too, you can't just foul him constantly now.

We're better when we don't try to post him up honestly. Just let him eat boards, get some scraps and make some FTs

as Bilas said, he's truly an ELITE rebounder and it makes a big difference for us. Cleaning up his FT shooting has been great too, you can't just foul him constantly now.

We're better when we don't try to post him up honestly. Just let him eat boards, get some scraps and make some FTs

if only his hands weren't made of stone. he's probably the strongest (upper body) player in the SEC

A lot of talk about 44 FT’s and how they didn’t get any calls. Surprisingly a decent amount of their posters are saying they just got out hustled and need to play harder.

I'm currently in favor of promoting the fact that we were 2nd in the country in FTA before the game.

Reactions: DM8
Hey gang,

Just wanted to pop by and say congrats on the win. I DVR'd the game, but I guess I saved myself a couple of hours. Oddly enough the wife and I were over at some friends' house who are big Auburn fans. They had their gear on, as did we. Didn't really get to focus on the game like I like to, but they were gracious hosts, so . . .

Anyway, you guys have been classy winners as well because that's what bluebloods do!

Hey gang,

Just wanted to pop by and say congrats on the win. I DVR'd the game, but I guess I saved myself a couple of hours. Oddly enough the wife and I were over at some friends' house who are big Auburn fans. They had their gear on, as did we. Didn't really get to focus on the game like I like to, but they were gracious hosts, so . . .

Anyway, you guys have been classy winners as well because that's what bluebloods do!
thanks man

check out my podcast
https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/3guys2beers1movie/episodes/2020-01-26T17_59_40-08_00

lol thanks
A few highlights...

6 minutes to go, tie ball game. Rock fight time just like Cal loves it.

Hagans has no basketball IQ.

Cal continues to make bad in game adjustments and calls.

up 3, again. And we go to Hagans to the hole, who has low BBall IQ, and can’t finish, on the road, in contact, late in game.

this is why people always complain about Cal and floor coaching.

IT IS ****ING HAPPENING AGAIN

THESE ****ING CALLS ARE YOU SHITTING ME

Nope
Not a good feeling
Hoping though

officiating has stolen a lot of my joy for college hoops
Bruce Pearle and his whiny players have impacted the officiating big time. It start to swing after his Tech.
WHEN IS MITCH GONNA CALL OUT THESE REFS SOMETHING HAS GOT TO BE DONE OUR ENTIRE TEAM IS GONNA FOUL OUT AND WERE GONNA BE PLAYING RILEY WELCH NICK RICHARDS AND BRENNAN CANADA WITH ROB STRONG RUNNING POINT AND CAL AT TWO GUARD

This is a game where again Cal’s lack of depth and talent in the front court is killing us. Neither Brooks nor Sestina has any business being in the game at this point, yet there they are, costing us a chance to win.

Tired of hearing about the FT's, AU is more aggressive, that's how you get to the line, simple as that - they, again, are better at the guard position - ask Cal why.
Refs aside, pathetic game, guys.
Told you we needed Sestina to make a god damn 3 tonight

If Rupp got as loud as Auburn’s fans today? Man would that be nice. Oh well, just a pipe dream. Carry on b*****ing about the Refs.

1-11
auburn fans are invading this board high on that war eagle meth beware they’re delusional and ready to troll
**** you and your cheating ass program. Acts like an ass clown all game and then tries to talk about our class and how good our kids are.
**** you and your cheating ass program. Acts like an ass clown all game and then tries to talk about our class and how good our kids are.
Why are you even on here I guess the auburn inbreds are all passed out on that war eagle meth after beating Kentucky in basketball and Alabama in football
Not giving these crooks any more of my attention. SEC is a criminal enterprise.
It’s become the worst sport to watch. I just don’t really care much anymore. It’d help if we were better but it’s just not a worthwhile sport to invest time into anymore.
@Denim Vest please excuse our hateful cal can do no wrong fans. Great game blue blood brother and as much as I hate to say it I have to give it to you, Bruce owns cal at the current moment. Hopefully it’s the opposite of last year and y’all sweep us regular season and we beat u in elite 8 lol. Go Cats and WDE
We were
-Out rebounded BADLY by a smaller team, with Auburn getting 11 more off. reb's
-More turnovers with the supposed "best PG in the country" having 6
-Shot 20 less FT's
-Nick got out played by Austin Wiley
-They got nearly EVERY 50/50 ball

I HATE that we don't take EVERY game like our opponents do.
THIS.. Nailed it. Yea we got stiffed by the refs, but we played absolutely awful, Auburn played like men, and we played like high school. Out hustled, out rebounded, took to the woodshed.

A few highlights...
This also saves me some time reading Rupp Rafters too. :). If you want to rile 'em up - piggyback on the posts of Kentuckiddy. Almost all of the UK fans can't stand him. I respect him because he is one of Cal's biggest critics and isn't afraid to say so. He catches a lot of heat for it. His motto is "Cal is given a $64 million contract and this is what at you get in return?!" Just food for thought.

Reactions: DM8
This also saves me some time reading Rupp Rafters too. :). If you want to rile 'em up - piggyback on the posts of Kentuckiddy. Almost all of the UK fans can't stand him. I respect him because he is one of Cal's biggest critics and isn't afraid to say so. He catches a lot of heat for it. His motto is "Cal is given a $64 million contract and this is what at you get in return?!" Just food for thought.
Haha yeah, I enjoyed his posts. If I were a UK fan, I would feel pretty good about how the team is coming together. Maxey and Quickley look really good. Hagans has been good and Richards has been dominant in most games. Give them another month and they should be ready to make another tourney run.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I’m kind of surprised if the hate Cal gets over there. No coach is perfect and he certainly makes mistakes but some of the things said about him is a little bit too much. He’s one of the best coaches in the game

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Rafters mods appear to be banning everyone. I got blacklisted for posting:

Good game, Cats. That was a war that could have gone either way. Quickley and Maxey were incredible today. Not looking forward to facing them again in Rupp. As usual, your young guys are rounding into form and I would bet money on the Cats making another deep tournament run.

Shaping up to be one of the greatest hoops games ever played in any AU venue ever guys
It was such a great game. The back and forth lead changes, and the effort Auburn played with. One of the best I’ve seen in the Arena

that Okoro step back three to basically seal the game, felt like the floor was shaking in the building

Clam was hopping. Most people I’ve ever seen in there by a wide margin
It was such a great game. The back and forth lead changes, and the effort Auburn played with. One of the best I’ve seen in the Arena

that Okoro step back three to basically seal the game, felt like the floor was shaking in the building

What section do you sit in, Harv?

ADVERTISEMENT