ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Boog huthut’s newest coaching search

Well this should go over well. WE GOT OUR MAN

Freeze spent time praising Bruce Pearl. He truthfully stated that Pearl has put on a clinic in soliciting program buy-in and why positivity trumps negativity with players. Freeze said he wants to be just like him.

Reactions: olsonab
I knew my basketball buddies would have similar feelings as myself regarding Hugh.

I hope he does well, but I’m not so sure all that negative recruiting is going to allow him to get all these top studs everybody’s talking about. Plus, with a (I think) SEC record of 19 - 25 at Ole Miss, I’m not holding out hope he is going to consistently have us competing for ships.

I’m the meantime, those Stubhub basketball tickets running upwards of $500 a piece. If I’m spending ticket money on anything, it will be Lord Bruce and the HYGs!!

I hope he does well, but I’m not so sure all that negative recruiting is going to allow him to get all these top studs everybody’s talking about. Plus, with a (I think) SEC record of 19 - 25 at Ole Miss, I’m not holding out hope he is going to consistently have us competing for ships.
Agree on the negative recruiting, though I think if he can get any momentum that will go away after a year or two.

I don't think enough people realize how good he was initially at Ole Miss. They had won a grand total of one conference game in 2 years when he took over. I think he is a good recruiter and with NIL money I could see him being able to bring in some players. Don't get me wrong, a lot of this is hopeful thinking but I would take him over Gus or Harsin 10/10 times.

Edit to add: But yeah no way I'm spending any money on anything other than Bruce until Freeze proves I should.

Reactions: midnighttulips
Agree on the negative recruiting, though I think if he can get any momentum that will go away after a year or two.

I don't think enough people realize how good he was initially at Ole Miss. They had won a grand total of one conference game in 2 years when he took over. I think he is a good recruiter and with NIL money I could see him being able to bring in some players. Don't get me wrong, a lot of this is hopeful thinking but I would take him over Gus or Harsin 10/10 times.

Edit to add: But yeah no way I'm spending any money on anything other than Bruce until Freeze proves I should.
Yeah, somebody broke down his SEC win/loss at OM by year on tbb. I think he had a winning record by year three. I think his first two years he won 3 SEC games. That jumped to 5 and then 6 in 2015. It fell apart in 2016.

The AR loss in ‘15 was inexplicable and very Gusesque — unless there were some injuries he had that I’m not remembering. He lost to 25th FL, but I think OM was ranked 3 at the time. Could be off there. I’ve had 500 milligrams of D8 tonight and might not remember my name if asked. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I understand sometimes those games get away from you. I just want the guy that’s not losing either of those — especially with the talent he had by that point. I also know he was more primed to win in ‘16 when the wheels started falling off.

I put him about 15 percent better than Gus based solely on overall SEC records. I’m hoping with our facilities, money, geographic advantage that he elevates to 75 percent better than Gus.

There’s a multitude of things I could list that we all know he does better than Gus — with recruiting and talent evaluation/development being front and center — and I think given time he could build something.

I’ve been underwhelmed by the staff hires so far, but I will readily admit that I know nothing about any of them outside the AU coaches retained nor have I researched any of them.

It is highly likely my underwhelmedness is simply PTSD from the last time a bunch of folks I never heard of got hired on as staff from some lower division school. 😅

I know, tl;dr:
I’m stoned. Love Y’all. 😈😬

can't believe they rolled BRUCE out there to cape for this hire then the ADhas the balls to say Bruce and hugh are the same guy. WTF ever...just please let BRUCE run his program and what ever happens on the football side so be it.

can't believe they rolled BRUCE out there to cape for this hire then the ADhas the balls to say Bruce and hugh are the same guy. WTF ever...just please let BRUCE run his program and what ever happens on the football side so be it.
Yeah I was enjoying the suffering of the sad boogs that REALLY wanted Freeze when it looked like it wasn’t gonna happen. The conparisons to BRUCE are just pathetic.

From a purely coachin standpoint he’s probably as good as we could do although wouldn’t have hurt my feelings to roll the dice on some hot shot coordinator. Boog U simply doesn’t have the competence to find that guy though.

There’s still probably 4-5 coaches in the SECW that are just as good or better so we’ll see what happens. Expect a return to Music City Bowl glory soon at least.

lulz, i was on suicide watch when he was first announced...just when baby!
in other news: HYG's play in Huntsville vs UNC Assville. going to make the trip. Need to have a SKRONG showing from the @GREG

Reactions: Fillup Marschell
ADVERTISEMENT