ADVERTISEMENT

+++++ UK vs Boogs (HYGs) Official Game Thread +++++

MomentInTheSun

Dec 14, 2016
all the eyes of the college basketball world and will be on the clam this weekend. Most sports junkies will be looking for a fix before that little thing called the super bowl, and most sports heads are antipating this marquee match up actually eclipsing that little game in the ratings. Bruce v Cal. AU vs UK. a tale as old as time. And we've reached the latest chapter in this saga as it'll be written on saturday. We go gameday in town for the first time ever. Honestly should've been in boogville last year for the Tennessee game but whatever. Happy they finally got to their senses. Boogs should be favored. Uk lost a player. Assuming he wasn't important or anything but it is one less dude in their rotation. Looking for the Boogs to put on a show in the Clam.

Not sure about the potential matchups as I don't I (a lion blue blood cbb fan) don't concern myself wiht the sheep of the conference. But it will be nice to enter a game with UK and confidently know that we the Boogs have the best true frosh and lottery pick on the court. Praise Bruce. Boogs 82 UK 70

MoyZAyz.jpg

Oh God yes eat your heart out sports universe.

Kid they lost was their 2nd highest rated croot. 11th in the country. Was supposed to be their ultra poor mans Sir Isaac but he gone. They should have no answer for our young phenom. They go 3 6’3 lanky guards as starters. Only 8 healthy bodies on the roster. The one kid on the bench that could be considered a SF or big guard was a lowly 4* and not ready for prime time.

Hagans could be a big problem for Jvon. Probably the best defensive PG in the country. Nick Richards left for dead by Cat Nation been a revelation. They’d be an NIT squad if he hadn’t emerged as an All SEC performer. He mostly overwhelms his matchup with size although fairly agile with range out to like 10 ft. Austin should be able to hold his own there and if he gets in foul trouble they pretty much fugged.

Assuming we can make a few shots should be able to handle business in the cozy confines of the Clam. They don’t have the scoring talent or shooting ability to overwhelm our guards and Sir Isaac should feast.

Kid they lost was their 2nd highest rated croot. 11th in the country. Was supposed to be their ultra poor mans Sir Isaac but he gone. They should have no answer for our young phenom. They go 3 6’3 lanky guards as starters. Only 8 healthy bodies on the roster. The one kid on the bench that could be considered a SF or big guard was a lowly 4* and not ready for prime time.

Hagans could be a big problem for Jvon. Probably the best defensive PG in the country. Nick Richards left for dead by Cat Nation been a revelation. They’d be an NIT squad if he hadn’t emerged as an All SEC performer. He mostly overwhelms his matchup with size although fairly agile with range out to like 10 ft. Austin should be able to hold his own there and if he gets in foul trouble they pretty much fugged.

Assuming we can make a few shots should be able to handle business in the cozy confines of the Clam. They don’t have the scoring talent or shooting ability to overwhelm our guards and Sir Isaac should feast.

They don't have a ton of consistent shooters...I think 2 guys that are good from 3 point range. Maxey can look insanely good at times but is very inconsistent game to game. Need to keep him from destroying us. Quickley is alright and has been improving as the season has progressed. Nick Richards has been their key player and can give us fits but he's actually the kind of C that I think Wiley can handle. Like you said, doesn't really want to play beyond 10-12 feet really. Does most damage at the rim. Not gonna blow buy you off the bounce a lot.

Always annoying to go to a UK game in Auburn because their fans travel well. Still expecting the clam to be rocking. Although I feel the students this year aren’t as good as the last couple years. They’ve gotten spoiled

They don't have a ton of consistent shooters...I think 2 guys that are good from 3 point range. Maxey can look insanely good at times but is very inconsistent game to game. Need to keep him from destroying us. Quickley is alright and has been improving as the season has progressed. Nick Richards has been their key player and can give us fits but he's actually the kind of C that I think Wiley can handle. Like you said, doesn't really want to play beyond 10-12 feet really. Does most damage at the rim. Not gonna blow buy you off the bounce a lot.
Was gonna say they’re one of the worst 3pt shooting teams in the country (340th in 3s/ gm. 204 3pt%). Then I see we’re 262 in 3pt% that’s so ungodly bad. Inconceivable. Refuse to believe we are this bad. Even so shoot much better at home.

Reactions: Van Gorstache
Was gonna say they’re one of the worst 3pt shooting teams in the country (340th in 3s/ gm. 204 3pt%). Then I see we’re 262 in 3pt% that’s so ungodly bad. Inconceivable. Refuse to believe we are this bad. Even so shoot much better at home.

Mac is the only guy with significant minutes that is shooting it at or above where I would have expected. He's at a very respectable 36.5% on more volume than I expected.

Samir and Jvon in the 29% range....both need to be around 34%

Danjel at 30%...cmon bruh. You should be a 38% guy with that sweet stroke

Okoro at 26% isn't the end of the world because that's not his game but him getting above 30% would be a game changer for us.

Jamal's % is great but he's purely a spot shooter and since our other guys aren't scaring anyone and we aren't great passing off penetration it's hard to get him looks. He's basically getting up 5 attempts per 20 minutes played....which means he's not coming close to having value over what he costs us defensively.

I didn't expect us to be great from behind the arc this year, but what we have been is very disappointing.

Tie ball game with Auburn coming down the court with 8 seconds. Flanny throws up a three. Is fouled and it goes in. Hits the free throw.

73-69 Aubs

Has Flanny been on the floor come crunch time before?

Here is my question - who do we put on Richards? Okoro? Danjel? Wiley? (woof).

Has Flanny been on the floor come crunch time before?

Here is my question - who do we put on Richards? Okoro? Danjel? Wiley? (woof).

It's Wiley IMO, at least as long as Wiley can stay on the court. Richards isn't catching the ball at the FT line and making a ton of moves to get himself to get his 15ppg right now. Most of it is coming off the fact that he doubled his OREB average up to 3 per game and got more active around the rim.

Wiley is better at boxing him out and making the around the rim stuff difficult. If Richards is gonna face you up and hit 12 foot baseline jumpers enough to score 18 points you are probably doomed anyway. I just don't see that being what he is though. He's getting a huge chunk of his points around the rim without having to play off the bounce and then he's mixing in a jumper here or a one nice drive there and it's making people salivate. He's good, but if you take away the cheap stuff he's not likely to be putting up the numbers that beat you.

Reactions: DM8 and WDE_Tarp
It's Wiley IMO, at least as long as Wiley can stay on the court. Richards isn't catching the ball at the FT line and making a ton of moves to get himself to get his 15ppg right now. Most of it is coming off the fact that he doubled his OREB average up to 3 per game and got more active around the rim.

Wiley is better at boxing him out and making the around the rim stuff difficult. If Richards is gonna face you up and hit 12 foot baseline jumpers enough to score 18 points you are probably doomed anyway. I just don't see that being what he is though. He's getting a huge chunk of his points around the rim without having to play off the bounce and then he's mixing in a jumper here or a one nice drive there and it's making people salivate. He's good, but if you take away the cheap stuff he's not likely to be putting up the numbers that beat you.

That makes sense. I haven't watched hardly any UK basketball, so I've only seen highlights and sometimes those are of him getting the ball on the wing and getting to the rim. I have to remember that highlights aren't necessarily representative of what his game truly is.

Reactions: DM8
I expect the home court advantage to be massive, but nick Richards and Hagans isn’t a good matchup for us.

Mac is the only guy with significant minutes that is shooting it at or above where I would have expected. He's at a very respectable 36.5% on more volume than I expected.

Samir and Jvon in the 29% range....both need to be around 34%

Danjel at 30%...cmon bruh. You should be a 38% guy with that sweet stroke

Okoro at 26% isn't the end of the world because that's not his game but him getting above 30% would be a game changer for us.

Jamal's % is great but he's purely a spot shooter and since our other guys aren't scaring anyone and we aren't great passing off penetration it's hard to get him looks. He's basically getting up 5 attempts per 20 minutes played....which means he's not coming close to having value over what he costs us defensively.

I didn't expect us to be great from behind the arc this year, but what we have been is very disappointing.

It's odd because Samir and Jvon are both really good from deep. Last season Samir always shot a little deep as he seemed to drift further back but this season he seems like he took the distance they increased the arc and moved back double of that and is now bombing beyond his range. He can make them from out there but not when he is going iso and shooting it contested.

Jvon, getting stuck shooting contested ones too but at least he is near the line.

I'm confident both could be 10+% better if they got cleaner looks but I'm not sure we are gonna see many of those. I'd like to see us push transition early and use that to get us some open looks that we can possibly knock down to get some confidence going.

Oh yeah - boogs 73-69

So my girl had this entire day of shopping and lunch planned out for us on Saturday. She was even talking about dinner with friends who aren't boogs and are west coasties who don't even watch sports... to celebrate her passing her FBI entrance interview.

When gameday was announced, I told her change of plans... we wake up and go to Publix at 9 to get hot sauce, cream cheese, cheddar, blue cheese crumbles, rotisserie chicken and ranch dressing. we come home and make buffalo chicken dip. I sit on my ass glued to ESPN all day and you go do all that with your friends.

She wasn't happy, but I have the leverage.

Reactions: WDE_Tarp
Can y’all help me like Flanny? I don’t think i like watching him do anything right now
Has a chance to be a lock down defender at some point. Gonna have to learn to use his right hand at least a little bit and fix that broke ass jumper if he’s ever gonna be any kind of threat offensively...

Reactions: Harvey Specter
Can y’all help me like Flanny? I don’t think i like watching him do anything right now

there’s always a chance he knocks some poor, helpless opposing child completely out of the game by breaking their rib or sternum while knocking the everliving shit out of them

that’s gotta be worth a point or two a game just by making everyone else on the court uneasy

other than that, he’s not going to do much until Steven’s able to lock him in the dungeon for 6 months

Is this just your inner self struggling with the fact that Allen Flanigan is tall and sexy and not some rutty middle-age potato eater like his name would suggest?

there’s always a chance he knocks some poor, helpless opposing child completely out of the game by breaking their rib or sternum while knocking the everliving shit out of them

that’s gotta be worth a point or two a game just by making everyone else on the court uneasy

other than that, he’s not going to do much until Steven’s able to lock him in the dungeon for 6 months
True. I enjoy Flanny's impressive size and physicality for a frosh. Not afraid one bit to throw it around out there.

all the eyes of the college basketball world and will be on the clam this weekend. Most sports junkies will be looking for a fix before that little thing called the super bowl, and most sports heads are antipating this marquee match up actually eclipsing that little game in the ratings. Bruce v Cal. AU vs UK. a tale as old as time. And we've reached the latest chapter in this saga as it'll be written on saturday. We go gameday in town for the first time ever. Honestly should've been in boogville last year for the Tennessee game but whatever. Happy they finally got to their senses. Boogs should be favored. Uk lost a player. Assuming he wasn't important or anything but it is one less dude in their rotation. Looking for the Boogs to put on a show in the Clam.

Not sure about the potential matchups as I don't I (a lion blue blood cbb fan) don't concern myself wiht the sheep of the conference. But it will be nice to enter a game with UK and confidently know that we the Boogs have the best true frosh and lottery pick on the court. Praise Bruce. Boogs 82 UK 70

MoyZAyz.jpg
Best lead in ever. Brick wall time

Then I read half of this, “liked” & then finished reading. Gotta about a dozen coming over Sunday for the matinee, but I’m gonna go ahead & cook my once a year Chili Solly to have during The Main Event. Rest your souls men, cause it’s coming down.

ADVERTISEMENT