ADVERTISEMENT

*** Boogs vs Arkansas ***

Denim Vest

Feb 9, 2011
Blessed to escape Clam East with a dub but a biggie on Tuesday in Hogville. Was only a matter of time before Musselman got his squad balling and they been on a heater for the last month. Although, fair to say it’s been primarily against the bottom half of the league.

Gonna need all hands on deck for this one and it sounds like Zep should be back. Wouldn’t bet against the HYGs considering how much better and more talented we are than them but need a lot more than what we’ve been doing on the road to get another dub.

I think Ferg was saying AU is 5-22 at the BUD, really hope the kids turn it on.
I'm tired, pretty sure my body used a month's worth of adrenaline on Tuesday nights game, hopefully that is what's going on with our HYGs. That's a sh!tty trip, better be some serious nappy time today and tomorrow.

This is definitely one of the toughest games left on the schedule. A lot of people on the bunk seem to be chalking it up as a loss already which is typical of our ignorant basketball fan base. We are a significantly better team than Ark as indicated by our records to date. If we play like we did on the road at Mizzou or UGA, we won't get out of there with a W. They are a solid team and their fan base will be fired up as we are the first #1 ranked to to ever visit their cavernous, normally 3/4 full arena.

Jabari and Walker will be the best 2 players on the floor. They have no one who is a good matchup for our frontcourt. They have one great scorer, but we have the on-ball defenders who can slow him down. They are an awful 3 point shooting team so it's unlikely they are going to torch us from deep as bama did last week. The fact we are the best shot-blocking team in the country makes us a terrible matchup for a team that is not great from deep and relies on getting to the rim for a huge portion of their points. This will all come down to how well we play and getting a decent shake from the refs. This could be an 8+ block game for Walker if the refs don't screw him with flimsy calls. Play our B or better game on offense and defense, and I think we win by 10+.

Last edited:
This is definitely one of the toughest games left on the schedule. A lot of people on the bunk seem to be chalking it up as a loss already which is typical of our ignorant basketball fan base. We are a significantly better team than Ark as indicated by our records to date. If we play like we did on the road at Mizzou or UGA, we won't get out of there with a W. They are a solid team and their fan base will be fired up as we are the first #1 ranked to to ever visit their cavernous, normally 3/4 full arena.

Jabari and Walker will be the best 2 players on the floor. They have no one who is a good matchup for our frontcourt. They have one great scorer, but we have the on-ball defenders who can slow him down. They are an awful 3 point shooting team so it's unlikely they are going to torch us from deep as bama did last week. The fact we are the best shot-blocking team in the country makes us a terrible matchup for a team that is not great from deep and relies on getting to the rim for a huge portion of their points. This will all come down to how well we play and getting a decent shake from the refs. This could be an 8+ block game for Walker if the refs don't screw him with flimsy calls. Play about B or better game on offense and defense, and I think we win by 10+.
We need Zep back.

Jabari and Walker will be the best 2 players on the floor. They have no one who is a good matchup for our frontcourt. They have one great scorer, but we have the on-ball defenders who can slow him down. They are an awful 3 point shooting team so it's unlikely they are going to torch us from deep as bama did last week. The fact we are the best shot-blocking team in the country makes us a terrible matchup for a team that is not great from deep and relies on getting to the rim for a huge portion of their points. This will all come down to how well we play and getting a decent shake from the refs. This could be an 8+ block game for Walker if the refs don't screw him with flimsy calls. Play about B or better game on offense and defense, and I think we win by 10+.
Yeah just looking at the stats they don’t shoot it great but get to the line a bunch. Wouldn’t mind seeing us get in the zone a little earlier if we getting whistled.

our shooting been pretty ass lately from 3 gonna need to let Jabari and Walker go to work a little more. Drive and kick get some better looks. Would love nothing more than to see AL have a big game in his home state.

Had them at 3 in the league even after their slow start. As mentioned though, we are a horrible match-up for them. We can lose on any given night but this bunch couldn't win a series vs us if we played best of 7's til the end of time.

Yeah just looking at the stats they don’t shoot it great but get to the line a bunch. Wouldn’t mind seeing us get in the zone a little earlier if we getting whistled.

our shooting been pretty ass lately from 3 gonna need to let Jabari and Walker go to work a little more. Drive and kick get some better looks. Would love nothing more than to see AL have a big game in his home state.
Would be huge for Al to have his best game of the year thus far in his return to Arkansas. I certainly don't think this is an easy W on paper since its on the road, but honestly, the matchup is not bad at all. The things matchup wise I think that pose the biggest problem for us are:

1. An opposing big who can disrupt Walker and score on us inside.

2. Teams that can shoot over our defense and negate our elite shot-blocking

Arkansas has neither of those things so I don't think they bring anything to the table which is inherently a problem for us. Then look at their record. They got murked by 22 by the Oklahoma team we obliterated. They lost at home to Hofstra. They lost at home against a trash Vandy team. They also lost to a trash TAMU team.

I have a good feeling coach Flan and Al are going to have our guys fired up for this one and BRUCE will have sufficiently reminded the team they sucked ass at UGA and will get blown out playing like that here. We bounced back from the ass showing at Mizzou by dominating OU. I think we will bounce back again and get this W.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShenaniganZ
I feel more and more confident about Tuesday. It’ll come down to the final minute. But we aren’t losing and this “we need to lose one more” mentality is stupid. Typical. But stupid.
Tuesday coming up is a non issue here for me. I don't think it's completely insane to "hope" we lose one. It's not hard to think we've peaked too soon, like the 1998-99 team did. Don't think I don't want to go 37-1 this year. But I won't be pissed if we go 34-4 and win it all.

Still think this teams is learning to play well with each other, playing without Zep is a tall ask for Wendell and KD, think the mental rest are perhaps more important than the physical. While I prefer this team win out, i just don't see the necessity. Do whatever you have to to secure a great draw and then don't lose.
The biggest thing this team has to due is tune out the negatives, especially when the calls aren't going your way. There's enough talent on this squad to beat anyone, just need to stay focussed and patient.

Tuesday coming up is a non issue here for me. I don't think it's completely insane to "hope" we lose one. It's not hard to think we've peaked too soon, like the 1998-99 team did. Don't think I don't want to go 37-1 this year. But I won't be pissed if we go 34-4 and win it all.
I’ve got us **losing at least one in regular season & maybe this might be one of them.** I’m just gonna enjoy the hell out of it win or lose just like I am this entire season. When we put this seasons first championship in the case, won’t bother me if we bow out early in the conference tourney to rest our 10/11 sets of legs for more important goals. Imagine how this depth is help when we start playing two games in three days.
**On3 meltdown**

Edit on getting banned. The mod and I DM'd about it. In an effort to prove he didn't ban me to make his prediction I'd disappear after we lost a game, he deleted that post. Said I got banned because I made a sarcastic remark to someone who said we'd "learn" soon about how bad our team was and I responded and asked if that would be similar to the lesson we learned when we won the elite 8 game without our only NBA talent playing. Very mild barb, but apparently really upset one of their posters and he demanded i get banned for it. Mod said he would allow me to return at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShenaniganZ
Got banned on the rafters this afternoon by one of their cowardly mods, @IL Wildcat, for disagreeing with him and others trashing our team. He made a long rambling post predicting I wouldn't show back up after we lost a game this year and then banned me before I could respond in really pathetic fashion. Didn't say anything negative about their precious cats, just merely pointed out we have the best resume to date and responded to other dumb points they made. Pretty amazing how upset they still are over us beating them 2 weeks ago.
He was pretty cool back in 2019, they do have an itchy trigger finger.

Reactions: ShenaniganZ and DM8

Jabari and Walker will be the best 2 players on the floor. They have no one who is a good matchup for our frontcourt. They have one great scorer, but we have the on-ball defenders who can slow him down. They are an awful 3 point shooting team so it's unlikely they are going to torch us from deep as bama did last week. The fact we are the best shot-blocking team in the country makes us a terrible matchup for a team that is not great from deep and relies on getting to the rim for a huge portion of their points. This will all come down to how well we play and getting a decent shake from the refs. This could be an 8+ block game for Walker if the refs don't screw him with flimsy calls. Play our B or better game on offense and defense, and I think we win by 10+.
Solid take as always. I expect them to be on fire from three early since they are so terrible normally. Withstand an early barrage, if Zep is back we coast after that. BOOGS by a handsome 12.

Would be huge for Al to have his best game of the year thus far in his return to Arkansas. I certainly don't think this is an easy W on paper since its on the road, but honestly, the matchup is not bad at all. The things matchup wise I think that pose the biggest problem for us are:

Arkansas has neither of those things so I don't think they bring anything to the table which is inherently a problem for us. Then look at their record. They got murked by 22 by the Oklahoma team we obliterated. They lost at home to Hofstra. They lost at home against a trash Vandy team. They also lost to a trash TAMU team.

I have a good feeling coach Flan and Al are going to have our guys fired up for this one and BRUCE will have sufficiently reminded the team they sucked ass at UGA and will get blown out playing like that here. We bounced back from the ass showing at Mizzou by dominating OU. I think we will bounce back again and get this W.
they do kinda suck and don’t matchup well with us on paper but then again so does every other SEC squad we’ve scraped by on the road. More talent and a better corch though. Better home court probably. We play our game it’s a dub no doubt though.

As far as losing a game I’d rather just keep racking dubs but won’t hurt my feelings if we lose 2-3 before the tourney. I like that we just find a way to win but need to learn we can’t just BS around for 20-30 mins or whatever and expect to pull it out at the end come tourney time.

Solid take as always. I expect them to be on fire from three early since they are so terrible normally. Withstand an early barrage, if Zep is back we coast after that. BOOGS by a handsome 12.
they do kinda suck and don’t matchup well with us on paper but then again so does every other SEC squad we’ve scraped by on the road. More talent and a better corch though. Better home court probably. We play our game it’s a dub no doubt though.

As far as losing a game I’d rather just keep racking dubs but won’t hurt my feelings if we lose 2-3 before the tourney. I like that we just find a way to win but need to learn we can’t just BS around for 20-30 mins or whatever and expect to pull it out at the end come tourney time.
Looking over their stats from the Miss State game and 2 things jumped out. Ark only hit 4 3s against them and Miss State only blocked 3 shots and got 2 steals as a team. With the way they rely on getting to the basket to score, Walker could block 8 or more on his own. As shitty as we played at UGA, we still had 9 blocks and 8 steals. If this game were going to be at home, I'd honestly expect us to crush them in similar fashion to how we beat OU because its as good or better of a matchup for us.

The things matchup wise I think that pose the biggest problem for us are:

I would add teams that are athletic enough to defend us, and that is the one area where Arkansas can hurt us. When teams defends us pretty well, we end up settling for too many bad shots. Against UGA, I felt like it was less about how they defended and more about our willingness to settle. Against Missouri, I felt like it was more about their ability to defend. Any time you have a low-scoring affair, there's always that danger of an upset. Plus they play with a fuggin Nike ball.

Reactions: Boytano and DM8
Hay guise here's a great article about JABARI

SIAP:
No need to SIAP here.....we aren't barbarians. This article on our Sweet JABARI cannot be posted enough.

I would add teams that are athletic enough to defend us, and that is the one area where Arkansas can hurt us. When teams defends us pretty well, we end up settling for too many bad shots. Against UGA, I felt like it was less about how they defended and more about our willingness to settle. Against Missouri, I felt like it was more about their ability to defend. Any time you have a low-scoring affair, there's always that danger of an upset. Plus they play with a fuggin Nike ball.
Good points. They are one of the better defenses we've faced this year at 31 on KP. Closest comp I could find efficiency wise is USC at 34. Their big guy Williams is not elite offensively, but he's a good rebounder. At 6'10 240, he's big enough to bang on the inside with Walker. Doesn't block many shots though.

The last few games it seems teams have caught on to our pick in roll and found ways to disrupt it. Hopefully we can run some new looks tomorrow night that will get Walker some easy buckets. I would love to see us run some of the same action for Jabari as he's certainly athletic enough to get up over people to finish lobs.

Biggest issue to correct is Walker and Jabari have got to get more looks than they did against UGA. They each had 7 shots in Athens vs a combined 39 for Wendell and KD.

Hay guise here's a great article about JABARI

SIAP:
Good share, had to charge my phone twice to finish 🤣

some scorchers itt…

they have so many transfers I’d throw out their season numbers and look just at conference games only

they do shoot it like ass… but are still shooting a higher % from 3 in conference play than we are

Jaylin is averaging 12/10/2/2/2 in conference games, and was moderately to heavily recruited by BRUCE so the pedigree is there

Umude was a 20 ppg guy last year - production is up across the board in conference play as he’s gotten used to his new team

the biggest advantage we have is depth, but that takes a hit if Zep can’t go… we were d-e-a-d the 2nd half of the UGA game

if Zep plays, we should be ok… if he doesn’t, someone at the 3 or 4 is going to have to actually make some shots for this one to be as easy as some of you want it to be

Agree with many in here that we still are nowhere close to what we can be. Having Zep out sucks but it’s just another thing in this title season that will make us stronger and turn weaknesses into strengths. It’s what Bruce does and I’m sure he’s just salivating at this challenge tomorrow night.

Boogs by 7 in a game not as close as the score as the pigs get a few late…

Still no word on Zep although the tronz tea leaves seem to be indicating he’s a no go. Lior sighting in Hogville maybe that means he plays. Not that he makes a big diff but maybe he come in make a shot space the floor for a few mins.

Reactions: Boytano
Still no word on Zep although the tronz tea leaves seem to be indicating he’s a no go. Lior sighting in Hogville maybe that means he plays. Not that he makes a big diff but maybe he come in make a shot space the floor for a few mins.
A few of the on3 folks who claim to have knowledge of such things say he is a no go. I just assume that with a few days to gameplan, BRUCE will have the gang ready to Boog, sans Zep. We just have to overcome our regular late 3rd qtr lull, at one of the toughest road environments in college hoops. No problem!

Time to get this DUB.

Bruce says Flanny will play 8 minutes at PG and C-Mo will be in the rotation to make up the extra minutes with Zep out.

Reactions: Boytano
ADVERTISEMENT