ADVERTISEMENT

*** Boogs vs Arkansas ***

SHIT CALL THERE. Dude was leading with his arm and Walker didn't touch him.

Wouldn't be in OT without Wen's last 7 points, but a logo when we started that possession with 20 secs is not our best look.

Reactions: nugp33
That was awful by Wendell. Run the damn PNR that’s gotten us buckets all game. We have foul issues, did not want to go to OT.

Reactions: DM8
KD misses 2 FT’s, Jabari misses a bunny, Jabari passes up an open 3

difference between a tie game right now and a 4-7 point lead… may not cost us the game, but once we start taking control of games in the 4-8 minute mark we’ll be damn near unbeatable
Yeah, and even with all that we still had a 5 point lead with 2 to go. The contested Devan 3s were awful shots the last couple mins.

Reactions: nugp33
That was awful by Wendell. Run the damn PNR that’s gotten us buckets all game. We have foul issues, did not want to go to OT.
Literally anything other than a dribble down logo.

DAMN. KD fouled, no whistle and then commits an idiotic foul,

FVCK. That no call on the KD shot and dumb foul to gibe them 2 points is murder now.

FVCK. We had every chance in the world to take this one and blew it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boytano
We were bound to lose a game eventually, but hate it was this one when we played so well for a stretch in the second half then choked away chance after chance to take it late.

Reactions: olsonab
100% my fault gang. I just had to take vacation.....so selfish. Even tho I watched most at the NBC grill at Universal Orlando and caught the second half/OT in my room AND had my undefeated lucky hat.....I'll still shoulder this loss. Sorry gang

if it was gonna happen - thank zod it happened with Muss and that crowd/environment… they’ll talk about that like Boogs do the 06 Florida game

UGA would’ve crushed my poor little Boog heart - but this one is actually oddly comforting… we played like burnt asshole for 44 minutes and it took that performance in that environment to win, and we were 1 Jaylin defensive rebound or 1 college basketball not having the lamest rules ever jump ball alternating possession from having the ball down 3 and Jabari with a chance to ascend to Boog Heaven

Not pretty but not the end of days. Interesting to hear how Arkansas schemed BRUCEs team. Time to rest and reset, hopefully get Zep back on the court.

Here's my dumb take for the game. Our defensive sets on inbound plays are better than anybody's in the the country. And Bruce seems to be able to dial up offensive inbound plays with the best of them too. I know it's not his style, but I would love to see him use a TO in those situations to at least get everybody on the same page.

Anyway, I think we're looking at 39-2 now if my math is correct.

Here's my dumb take for the game. Our defensive sets on inbound plays are better than anybody's in the the country. And Bruce seems to be able to dial up offensive inbound plays with the best of them too. I know it's not his style, but I would love to see him use a TO in those situations to at least get everybody on the same page.

Similar to KD, Wen giveth and Wen taketh away. I have no problem not calling timeout. We even had a play called, Wen just chose not run it. I have absolutely zero problem with Wen taking the last shot, but he should have run through the play. If they gave him the pull up or he thought he could get to the rim after the screen, that would have been fine. BUT if they didn't he could have passed it to either one of the 2 first round draft picks he is on the floor with and that would have been nice too. We don't convert on any of those options, I don't feel bad about not converting.

Similar to KD, Wen giveth and Wen taketh away. I have no problem not calling timeout. We even had a play called, Wen just chose not run it. I have absolutely zero problem with Wen taking the last shot, but he should have run through the play. If they gave him the pull up or he thought he could get to the rim after the screen, that would have been fine. BUT if they didn't he could have passed it to either one of the 2 first round draft picks he is on the floor with and that would have been nice too. We don't convert on any of those options, I don't feel bad about not converting.
Good points. Wen was the reason we were in a position to win the game late, but he botched that last possession badly. He's got to know that a logo 3 is one of the lowest percentage looks we could get in a situation with plenty of time like that. I am sure he will learn from it.

Good point. As gassed as the guys were last night at the end, a TO there to set up our best look for Jabari and/or a drive with kick option would have made sense. That goes against Bruce's core principle that the other team is more tired and we shouldn't let them set up their D, but I think that's one instance where it would have helped us more. Then again, if Wen runs whatever was called or even just uses the screen to get inside the 3 point line for any sort of look, it would have been ok. A near half-court 3 in that situation with the game tied is as about as bad of a PG decision as you'll see. I am sure Wen was feeling it at that point after getting us the 5 point lead, but you just can't take a heat check type shot there. Wen will learn from it and this will be a mistake that makes him into a better player going forward.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT