ADVERTISEMENT

+++++Official Ole Mis vs Boogs Game Thread++++++

MomentInTheSun

Dec 14, 2016
Still heart broken and delirious after Saturday’s shitty turnover festival. But as they say, the Boogs must go on.

Ole Miss strolls into the Clam on Wednesday night and hopefully the HYGs put on a show that remedies my broken heart and restores my confidence in them to be a threat in the TOURNEY.

Keep feeding Danjel

Boogs by double digis

According to the metrics and science nerds these next 3 contests are the 3 easiest left on our schedule. Anything less than 3 convincing Ws will be unacceptable.

Gimme Danjel. Gimme Austin/ Ho. Gimme some sort of mildly productive lineup for the 5-10 mins we need to give Jared a breather. Time for Bruce and Steven to light a fire under this club. We got 10 players and 50 fouls to work with. Anything less than relentless physicality and effort shan’t be tolerated.

Still heart broken and delirious after Saturday’s shitty turnover festival. But as they say, the Boogs must go on.

Ole Miss strolls into the Clam on Wednesday night and hopefully the HYGs put on a show that remedies my broken heart and restores my confidence in them to be a threat in the TOURNEY.

Keep feeding Danjel

Boogs by double digis
According to the metrics and science nerds these next 3 contests are the 3 easiest left on our schedule. Anything less than 3 convincing Ws will be unacceptable.

Gimme Danjel. Gimme Austin/ Ho. Gimme some sort of mildly productive lineup for the 5-10 mins we need to give Jared a breather. Time for Bruce and Steven to light a fire under this club. We got 10 players and 50 fouls to work with. Anything less than relentless physicality and effort shan’t be tolerated.
Good thoughts all around. The next 3 are must wins if we want to not end up on the bubble at the end of the season. A return to our form from the previous 3 games would be much welcomed. We owe the black land rebel bear sharks an ass beating.

Boogs better squash this flailing squad. I expect the HYG to overcome an underwhelming Clam crowd and beat these rebel/shark/bear fools by 20.
I am debating making the trip down to watch this one. Haven't made it to a weeknight game yet.

if Danjel doesn’t play 20+ minutes, it’s a loss regardless of the final score

Austin playing 12-15 minutes without reinjuring himself or being a complete defensive liability because he can’t move his feet would be a sight as well

Reactions: Denim Vest and DM8
Cannot afford any bad losses and this one would fall into that category.

I'm still upset from Saturday but I also still feel like this team has improved in the last few weeks. Obviously teams that are great on the offensive glass are going to be a huge problem for us. I don't think there is much way around that now. We can get 20% better but we're not completely solving that issue. our shooting and offensive movement is better. We look like we have some ideas now and aren't just searching for bad, off balance, contested 3's. Guys are trying to create other than Harper. Out defensive effort is improved. But good God man can we just get a quality win or two please. Our L's haven't really gotten away from us, we've been right there in most of those games and a few shots or a call or two and those are W's. Feels like we change 2 of those L's to W's and everything is perfectly fine.

Kick the #$%& out of Ole Miss please.

Cannot afford any bad losses and this one would fall into that category.

I'm still upset from Saturday but I also still feel like this team has improved in the last few weeks. Obviously teams that are great on the offensive glass are going to be a huge problem for us. I don't think there is much way around that now. We can get 20% better but we're not completely solving that issue. our shooting and offensive movement is better. We look like we have some ideas now and aren't just searching for bad, off balance, contested 3's. Guys are trying to create other than Harper. Out defensive effort is improved. But good God man can we just get a quality win or two please. Our L's haven't really gotten away from us, we've been right there in most of those games and a few shots or a call or two and those are W's. Feels like we change 2 of those L's to W's and everything is perfectly fine.

Kick the #$%& out of Ole Miss please.
Agreed. Our record right now is close the worst it could possibly be at this stage. We have lost every really close game we have been in since November other than UAB. It would seem our luck would turn and some shots would start falling or key calls would go our way down the stretch. Also agree that even with the loss Saturday, we are still on an uptrend in terms of our play. Win the next three and this 6/7 stretch will be viewed very positively.

Reactions: WDE_Tarp
Agreed. Our record right now is close the worst it could possibly be at this stage. We have lost every really close game we have been in since November other than UAB. It would seem our luck would turn and some shots would start falling or key calls would go our way down the stretch. Also agree that even with the loss Saturday, we are still on an uptrend in terms of our play. Win the next three and this 6/7 stretch will be viewed very positively.
Get to 11-7 in the SEC and that 4 or 5 seed is a solid spot in the SECT. As the 5 seed we'd get someone like UGA or Mizzou and then South Carolina for a 2nd win. If we're the 4 we get a bye and then likely South Carolina or one of those bad teams that might have upset them. We see UT in the semifinals. At that point we're like 24-9 and a UT win helps us while a loss doesn't damage us.

Right now my worry is bad losses. Have to avoid those. Keep beating teams that we should beat. Keep winning home games and lets see what we can do when UT comes to town for the season finale. And keep getting better along the way.

Reactions: DM8 and WDE_Tarp
Get to 11-7 in the SEC and that 4 or 5 seed is a solid spot in the SECT. As the 5 seed we'd get someone like UGA or Mizzou and then South Carolina for a 2nd win. If we're the 4 we get a bye and then likely South Carolina or one of those bad teams that might have upset them. We see UT in the semifinals. At that point we're like 24-9 and a UT win helps us while a loss doesn't damage us.

Right now my worry is bad losses. Have to avoid those. Keep beating teams that we should beat. Keep winning home games and lets see what we can do when UT comes to town for the season finale. And keep getting better along the way.

agreed with all of that...

also, as down as I am right now - I still believe we debacle those bums from Knoxville in the Clam... Bryce and Horace aint going out like bitches

I feel great about that one and will continue to feel great about it until it tips off

Boogs better squash this flailing squad. I expect the HYG to overcome an underwhelming Clam crowd and beat these rebel/shark/bear fools by 20.
I’m already getting annoyed about the boog faithful’s expected lack of attendance for this one. The Mizzou game was a joke. Think that one was a late tip so maybe Boog Nation will have some self respect and fill the Clam tomorrow.

I’m already getting annoyed about the boog faithful’s expected lack of attendance for this one. The Mizzou game was a joke. Think that one was a late tip so maybe Boog Nation will have some self respect and fill the Clam tomorrow.

I know there are a lot of factors that go in to attendance for a mid week game, but I’m still amazed that more people show up for an AU gymnastics meets on a Friday night than for a AU/UF or Ole Miss type basketball game on a Tuesday or Wednesday night. That needs to change.

I know there are a lot of factors that go in to attendance for a mid week game, but I’m still amazed that more people show up for an AU gymnastics meets on a Friday night than for a AU/UF or Ole Miss type basketball game on a Tuesday or Wednesday night. That needs to change.
when a basketball school doesn't realize it's become a basketball school yet

I have to go see Dr. Jonny Reb today, my orthodontist. Really hoping he doesn't do like that Bam dentist in 2010. Dude got all up in my mouth & then started slamming my CAM. NEVER AGAIN
10281731-large.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DM8 and Denim Vest
Well I don’t want to go down a dark hole of boog psychoanalysis but I have a suspicion it has to do with the Bama inferiority complex. They always been good at Gymnastics. Would explain our brief, pathetic foray into girls softball fanaticism as well.

Anyway enough about that gotta get that W tonight.

Line boogs -8.5. Ima need that cover for this one.
Ole Miss bitch slapped us in the last one. We owe them a bit hear IMO. I think Kermit Davis is a very good basketball coach, a good X's and O's guy who gets he most out of his guys. I also think their hot start in the league was due to him out-scheming just about everyone and catching them off guard. They've struggled to beat anyone good since that early run. I think he's mostly run out of tricks and they are what they are, and that is a team that shouldn't beat anyone in the top half of the league IMO. Now that the book is out on them we shouldn't struggle with this bunch.

First stats that stick out to me is that Ole Miss doesn't hit the offensive glass well, 10th in the league. They are 2nd to last in blocking shots. So we've got a team that won't hurt us on the glass and that isn't going to impact Sweet Jared as much in the paint and that guys like Chuma can score over. That should be a typical Clam win for AU. Now they don't turn it over a ton, but that's about the only stat I see that causes me any worry at all.

Reactions: DM8

Good points. The one thing we have going for us right now is the lack of any bad losses. If we aren't going to get a signature win or two, avoiding bad losses is critical. Agree with your thoughts on our record though if we can just win the games we should the rest of the way. It's not what we wanted, but it should still set us up for a chance to make a run in March. If UT has the conference title locked up before they come to Auburn for the season finale, I like our chance to take that one when they have little motivation while a W would likely move us up a seed line in the tournament.

Reactions: Space Funk Booty
Closing in on boog o’clock gents. Highly unlikely but a different starting 5 announcement would really get the juices flowing.

Ho Daddy has earned it...

one thing I noticed but lost in Saturday’s misery was BRUCE was dead set on closing the game with his starters... Danjel and Horace were giving good minutes, but he subbed in Samir and Mac along with Bryce at the 3-4 minute mark

idk if many - or any - college coaches do a lot of this or it’s more of an NBA thing, but a lot of times teams have a different lineup to close games than they do to start games... you can reward guys, or better position the minutes you want to stagger, by starting specific guys - but until proven otherwise, when it’s nut cutting time, give me Horace or give me death

hit “post” too soon... anyway, if BRUCE wants to start and close with the same 5 then it’s even more important to start Horace... of course, I prefer closing with Wun Wun at the 5 and Macoy at the 2/3, but Horace is my 2nd choice

Will tonight be the game where DANJEL takes another big step and scores in double figures? I have a feeling it could be. He's looked better each of the last few games. Also interested to see where Wiley is. He's been practicing so it would be nice to get him back to regular minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT