ADVERTISEMENT

+++++Official Ole Mis vs Boogs Game Thread++++++

giphy.gif

so frustrating

Holy shit what was that? Wait 20 seconds to foul and then foul with 12 secs? Oh my god that was awful. What a ****ing shit loss this is. **** THIS TRASH.

Reactions: ThrustMaxwell
I'm out till at least Saturday. This one wrecked me. This season fvking sucks.

What an awful night all the way around. LSU loss messed with our mind big time. That’s one of the worst performances from a Bruce led squad since he has been here. And cimeon bowers wasn’t on the floor tonight.

But Jared and Bryce killed us tonight. I honestly think Jared is hurt. Ever since he came out a few games back he has been off.

Pearl’s worst game in a long time IMO
I may be up for some gentle disparagement of Bruce for the first time in his tenure. This can not happen. 55 pts at the Clam. Jared was ass. Bryce was ass. Samir is perpetual ass. This just can not happen.

Game was prob over when Jared missed that 3 but wtf we let them basically dribble the clock out? You gotta tell Chuma he’s going the distance when he was carrying us. I’m over the whole Samir thing Malik/ Danjel have their faults no doubt but they at least look the part. Mac too he’s not cutting it. Fugthisshit.

Hate that I was dead on about this team. Nobody wanted to hear it but I saw this long ago. Chuma was a wonderful site though.

I don’t mind laying some of this on Bruce, but for me it starts with selfishness by our players. Malik trying to be Mustapha in the short period he is out there. Jared taking that shot at the end when he has been off all night. Mac hoisting up contested 3’s. I’m going to have to assume that Samir is selfish in the weight room because I can’t see how he could really be that unathletic. Danjel forcing as soon as he came in the game.

welp... I’ve tried to hold it back all year, but after JVon last Saturday and Jared tonight

you know what this team is missing?
you know what we could really use?
what would make a huge fvcking difference in keeping the defensive intensity up on the perimeter for 40 minutes?
who wouldn’t just die on screens and get lost or lazy on switches or late in the shot clock?
and could create real offense for the bench unit, if not terrorize backup guards?
and who could play on and off ball with Jared or Bryce so we had 2 real guards on the court at all times?
and who would have kept us from running them into the ground all season because we can’t depend on anyone to handle or create or defend against legit competition?
who would be the 4th most dependable player on this years team considering the way everyone else is playing?
who would have us as a 4/5 seed right now instead of a bubble team that doesn’t deserve to make the tourney?
who would have kept me from flushing the rest of the season the toilet because I can’t watch the same stupid mistakes ruin another game?

its not Mustapha

I’m done... wake me up when we have more than 3 healthy, high major starting caliber players on the roster

Bryce shot like ass but played hard til the end, he hasn’t quit all year

Jared had his worst game of the year, but he’s gotta be wearing down at this point, we’ve relied on him to do everything all year in the halfcourt

Chuma deserves better

Horace is limited but a dependable bench big

beyond that, we don’t have anyone on the team who is a net positive player right now... none... our “depth” is 6 other guys who are taking turns murdering us... last year, guys took turns stepping up and we had a roster full of guys who could win a game for you by dominating a 4 minute stretch... this year, we’ve got guys taking turns shitting on the court and rubbing our noses in it

I was “dark” after the LSU game, but I was a rainbow compared to how I feel right now

welp... I’ve tried to hold it back all year, but after JVon last Saturday and Jared tonight

you know what this team is missing?
you know what we could really use?
what would make a huge fvcking difference in keeping the defensive intensity up on the perimeter for 40 minutes?
who wouldn’t just die on screens and get lost or lazy on switches or late in the shot clock?
and could create real offense for the bench unit, if not terrorize backup guards?
and who could play on and off ball with Jared or Bryce so we had 2 real guards on the court at all times?
and who would have kept us from running them into the ground all season because we can’t depend on anyone to handle or create or defend against legit competition?
who would be the 4th most dependable player on this years team considering the way everyone else is playing?
who would have us as a 4/5 seed right now instead of a bubble team that doesn’t deserve to make the tourney?
who would have kept me from flushing the rest of the season the toilet because I can’t watch the same stupid mistakes ruin another game?

its not Mustapha

I’m done... wake me up when we have more than 3 healthy, high major starting caliber players on the roster

Bryce shot like ass but played hard til the end, he hasn’t quit all year

Jared had his worst game of the year, but he’s gotta be wearing down at this point, we’ve relied on him to do everything all year in the halfcourt

Chuma deserves better

Horace is limited but a dependable bench big

beyond that, we don’t have anyone on the team who is a net positive player right now... none... our “depth” is 6 other guys who are taking turns murdering us... last year, guys took turns stepping up and we had a roster full of guys who could win a game for you by dominating a 4 minute stretch... this year, we’ve got guys taking turns shitting on the court and rubbing our noses in it

I was “dark” after the LSU game, but I was a rainbow compared to how I feel right now
I hate so much that the youngster I’ll not name went off to travel the globe as an international modelling sensation. A better program would have made it worth his while to hang around in Boogville. He’d clearly be getting 20ish mins/gm this year.

Tis why I can’t ever fault Bruce too much because we’ll never give him the program he deserves. Not even gonna get into the other high caliber teens that should be here right now.

Did not see this one coming. We just find a way to step on our own dicks every week. Can’t rebound. Can’t stop turning the ball over. Can’t defend. Can’t make shots. Etc, etc. Always something. At the end of the day games are won down the stretch and we continue to find a way to fug up when it’s time to win. Sucks that Jared is dinged up and Austin is perpetually injured but that’s why we should have won half a dozen other games we found a way to lose.

Reactions: Fatz Geronimo
If AU is a 4 seed you’re glad they’re in your bracket. If AU is a 7/8 seed and wins the first game you’re shitting your pants. Maybe I can hang my hat on this drunken thought?

Reactions: Boytano
100% this was Bruce worst game. No doubt. First time he had a Gus like loss...

With that being said, there are a few posters in tbb that are saying it’s time for Bruce to go. And there is a very tiny piece of me that wants him to leave just so AU can go back to being the garbage program we were bc people like that deserve a garbage program.

We just need a real point guard. Loved seeing Chuma finally show up.

ADVERTISEMENT