ADVERTISEMENT

*** Boogs vs TAMU ***

Maybe losing to a shit team will light a fire under the guys for next week. That's the only possible positive takeaway I can get from this one. My fear is it's more likely our confidence is wrecked and we are ripe to be picked off in the 2nd round.

So frustrating when the announcer CUCKS can't get which team they are talking about correct. Be better at your job ffs

Me too. I know it shouldn’t but this gonna ruin my whole gatdamn weekend.
Yeah, weekend definitely ruined. Probably won't even watch the selection sunday show. Dreading the NCAAT as well now. I've gone from supremely confident we had as good of a shot as anyone to make it to NOLA to now I would be shocked if we made it past the Sweet 16. Fvcking sucks.

Our team is maddening to watch. Not good for my health. These swings are just too much lol

Reactions: Boytano
Made it look respectable at least so that’s nice. Oh well that gym obviously sucks.

Maybe losing to a shit team will light a fire under the guys for next week. That's the only possible positive takeaway I can get from this one. My fear is it's more likely our confidence is wrecked and we are ripe to be picked off in the 2nd round.
Not taking any positives but who knows TAMU might win another game or 2 this week I’d feel a little better. Or maybe they just get blowed out by LSU or Ark.

Not taking any positives but who knows TAMU might win another game or 2 this week I’d feel a little better. Or maybe they just get blowed out by LSU or Ark.
Unfortunately, this loss wasn't about TAMU playing well so whatever they do tomorrow won't make a difference for me. I expect LSU or Ark to beat them by 20+, but even if they make the final, it won't change what happened today. If we had played ok and TAMU had just shot the lights out and played their A+++ game to beat us, I'd still be bummed but much less so. We played our worst game of the year and it was a continuation of troubling trends we've seen the last few weeks. Making a run in the NCAAT is all about peaking at the right time and we're doing the opposite of that by playing our worst games of the year in the last 3 weeks. Can the trend be suddenly reversed if Bruce figures something out in practice the next few days? I guess so, but I have zero confidence its going to happen. We have been bad for weeks and are trending in the wrong direction. Find a way to get past the 7/10 game in the second round and then maybe the guys will have regained some confidence and can play better in the 2nd weekend.

Reactions: Boytano and demeat
Unfortunately, this loss wasn't about TAMU playing well so whatever they do tomorrow won't make a difference for me. I expect LSU or Ark to beat them by 20+, but even if they make the final, it won't change what happened today. If we had played ok and TAMU had just shot the lights out and played their A+++ game to beat us, I'd still be bummed but much less so. We played our worst game of the year and it was a continuation of troubling trends we've seen the last few weeks. Making a run in the NCAAT is all about peaking at the right time and we're doing the opposite of that by playing our worst games of the year in the last 3 weeks. Can the trend be suddenly reversed if Bruce figures something out in practice the next few days? I guess so, but I have zero confidence its going to happen. We have been bad for weeks and are trending in the wrong direction. Find a way to get past the 7/10 game in the second round and then maybe the guys will have regained some confidence and can play better in the 2nd weekend.
Word. Hopefully we ride our starters + Wen for as many mins as they can give us and make some shots. Still feel like we can beat pretty much anybody but now seems we can lose to anyone as well.

offense away from the Nev is just a problem. Doesn’t seem we know the solution
I've never seen a team with this much disparity between home and away. We are elite at home and our offense isn't even in the top 100 away from home. Bruce has got to figure out something on offense that we can do consistently well enough to grind out a win against inferior opponents next week. Whatever 7 or 10 we face will probably be better than TAMU. Play like we did in the first half today and we could easily lose to a 15 seed.

Word. Hopefully we ride our starters + Wen for as many mins as they can give us and make some shots. Still feel like we can beat pretty much anybody but now seems we can lose to anyone as well.
Maybe we can think that SEC have scouted us all year and other teams haven’t. That’s what I’m telling myself

It's so frustrating to have the #1 pick plus another one of the 10 best college players in the country and still have a floor that is low enough to get beat by any 7/10 we will face in the 2nd round. A few weeks ago this team looked like it could become a dominant force that would steam roll its way to NOLA. Now we just look hapless and not a safe bet to make the 2nd weekend. Pretty amazing when you compare this group to the 2019 squad that looked like the might miss the tourney altogether in mid February only to go on a historic run.

Reactions: demeat
Maybe we can think that SEC have scouted us all year and other teams haven’t. That’s what I’m telling myself
Let's hope that's some of it. The 7/10 team we face in the second round certainly won't have time to prep for us prior to their opening game. We should be able to work on both 7 and 10 teams some before our first round game so that's an advantage. Hopefully its a favorable matchup for us and we can grind out a win regardless of whether we are playing well. Jabari and Walker will be the best players on the court the first weekend by a mile so that should be enough to get us through. Unfortunately, it also should have been enough to never let us get down by 20 against TAMU.

Yeah, weekend definitely ruined. Probably won't even watch the selection sunday show. Dreading the NCAAT as well now. I've gone from supremely confident we had as good of a shot as anyone to make it to NOLA to now I would be shocked if we made it past the Sweet 16. Fvcking sucks.
Won’t go quite that far, but this definitely drops us to a 2, think what blows the most is yet another lay off and that the kids couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn…or a cruise ship.
just hope we end up in a bracket with Gonzaga now. Ready to see if the HYGs can rise to the occasion.

Last edited:
Don’t score 21 in the first half is the lesson today
this is pure galaxy brain but I checked at halftime… we avg approx 1.25 pts/shot for the season… we had 37 shots in the first half so “average” production is 46 points

it’s why I wasn’t worried… we didn’t have to play “great” the second half - just average - and if we got the same exact shots we did the first half, reversion to the mean gets us to 67 points - which I thought would be enough to win

I swear I almost posted if we get to 67 points we win

I don’t know how to assess missing that many wide open shots… I’ve watched a shit ton of basketball the last month… we don’t even have to play great to beat any team we face… there are maybe 10 teams that are good enough defensively to win 6 straight tourney games… and of those 10, we still have a better offense than all of them except maybe UCLA

one of those teams will win the title, and our offensive ceiling is still higher than the others… but I’ve seen nothing that would lead me to believe we can dodge 6 straight bullets

but someone is going to, and this isn’t the homer in me - but our ceiling is still the highest

we just have to play average offensively for 6 games

Call me a cockeyed optimist, but I'm not worried. Boogs have to shoot decent to make it to the second weekend. Not lights out, not great, not even very good. Shoot at an average clip and play good defense and this team can have some success in the tourney. Get on a heater and this team can and should beat anyone. I liked the fire the team showed today late. This team fights and claws like hell when down late. But I want to see that urgency and free flying shot making from the jump. I choose to believe that Jabari and KD come out swinging next week, shots start falling, and the HYG finish this thing off with another deep run. Now let's get boogin' until nets are cut.

P.S. Al is playing well and doing enough to make this a championship contender. Don't @ me.

Call me a cockeyed optimist, but I'm not worried. Boogs have to shoot decent to make it to the second weekend. Not lights out, not great, not even very good. Shoot at an average clip and play good defense and this team can have some success in the tourney. Get on a heater and this team can and should beat anyone. I liked the fire the team showed today late. This team fights and claws like hell when down late. But I want to see that urgency and free flying shot making from the jump. I choose to believe that Jabari and KD come out swinging next week, shots start falling, and the HYG finish this thing off with another deep run. Now let's get boogin' until nets are cut.

P.S. Al is playing well and doing enough to make this a championship contender. Don't @ me.
Wish I could regain some optimism. We’ve been trash away from home for a long time though. The only positive I can see is that even if you we play like trash, it might still be good enough to get to the second weekend. Really hope we don’t get lined up with a 7/10 that is a bad matchup for us.

Wish I could regain some optimism. We’ve been trash away from home for a long time though. The only positive I can see is that even if you we play like trash, it might still be good enough to get to the second weekend. Really hope we don’t get lined up with a 7/10 that is a bad matchup for us.
Hated seeing you guys lose today. Hopefully we can beat Vandy but that would be three times this season so I’m concerned we may get caught off guard. I’m sure you and the rest of your fans will be cheering us on tonight. GBB.

Everything that could go wrong did, in & out & loose balls, hell even the opening tip. With that said, the main thing that bothered me was we got outplayed pretty bad & y’all still thought we were gonna win with 8+ seconds left.
Need to look at ourselves, love on each other & win the next game & then see what happens. Just like we hung on against New Mexico St in 19 & then BOOM. Sunday can’t get here quick enough.

Reactions: Denim Vest
Everything that could go wrong did, in & out & loose balls, hell even the opening tip. With that said, the main thing that bothered me was we got outplayed pretty bad & y’all still thought we were gonna win with 8+ seconds left.
Need to look at ourselves, love on each other & win the next game & then see what happens. Just like we hung on against New Mexico St in 19 & then BOOM. Sunday can’t get here quick enough.
That's the most frustrating part of today is we got down by 20 and then started playing. Play with that level of intensity and urgency in the first half and we win this game even if it would have been ugly.

19 was a much different dynamic as that team played their best game of the year in the SECT final heading into the NCAAT. I guess the flip side is they had all the momentum in the world and still played terribly and nearly lost in the first round. Thankfully we should get a team in the first round who we would have to play or worst game of the year for a 2nd game in a row to lose to. Hopefully a win in the tournament will give the guys an injection of confidence sufficient to get past whatever 7/10 we face in the 2nd game.

Extreme honk alert but Al was a team high +9 today. Only other guy not in the negatives was Jabari at +1. Granted this the only positive stat I been able to pull on Al for awhile but Devan and Moore simply can’t play basketball. We need to keep the bench to Wen and Dylan. MAYBE Jaylin but he hasn’t played well in awhile. Fug it gimme Lior if we need a few mins from anyone else.

Pretty evident we got hit by a BUZZ Saw, so I feel a little better. Gonna be ashamed if A&M loses tomorrow & doesn’t get in. They hit Arky a lot harder than us, but still doesn’t feel right not playing today.

TAMU was on the bubble after the win yesterday and should be a lock after beating Ark today.
I think I saw where they are still 2nd team out but they may beat UtK tomorrow and then they would certainly get in.

Reactions: Boytano
I am still disgusted by our shit performance yesterday and recent weeks including the previous time we played aTm. I am not a fan of ball hog me ball shit. And we have a lot of that on this team. We are playing so far below full potential it is maddening

I am still disgusted by our shit performance yesterday and recent weeks including the previous time we played aTm. I am not a fan of ball hog me ball shit. And we have a lot of that on this team. We are playing so far below full potential it is maddening
I think you’ve written this same post for 4 or 5 straight seasons. You might want to just not watch anymore until Bruce leaves

BRUCE letting it be known the HYGs were witnesses to a serious post game dog cussing. Just have to think the kids can't play much worse, time to get to work and fulfil their potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: DM8
Big caveat - I didn't get to watch the whole game. I saw a decent amount of the first half, but very little of the 2nd half. That being said, I saw the exact opposite of what you are saying. I saw the ball getting moved to an open man again and again, and then that open man missed the wide open shot. There were a few "forced" shots, but most of the time those came near the end of the play clock when you have to make something happen.

ADVERTISEMENT