ADVERTISEMENT

+++++ Boogs (HYGs) vs UGA Official Game Thread +++++

MomentInTheSun

Dec 14, 2016
Game is on wedesday so that gives Sir Isaac and Danjel an extra day to recover. I know Danjel played yesterday but I still don't think he's fully back from the flu. So maybe he'll be 100% for UGA and hopefully we get some minutes from Okoro. Anyway, not much to say. UGA been struggling and have fallen down the SEC standings. But these boogs can lose to anyone especially on the road. So I can't say that I'm overly confident given the circumstances. Nerds at espn still have some faith in us giving us a 75 percent chance to come out of Athens with a dub. So I'll just go with science and pick the boogs to win too. Boogs 75 UGA 70
ntcG9xA.jpg

Reactions: DM8
I'd rather Okoro sit this one out and make sure he is fine.

Come back too early from a hammy and you can be out for 8 weeks with a torn hammy

I'd rather Okoro sit this one out and make sure he is fine.

Come back too early from a hammy and you can be out for 8 weeks with a torn hammy
Pretty confident they won’t play him till they are 100%. May cost us a shot at the regular season title but him aggravating it means we lose that shot and we’re getting bounced early in both tournaments.

Pretty confident they won’t play him till they are 100%. May cost us a shot at the regular season title but him aggravating it means we lose that shot and we’re getting bounced early in both tournaments.

I’m ok with it. I’d rather go deep in march

UGA is better than Mizzou imo. They at least have a couple legitimate pros in Edwards and Hammonds. Their corch is a fuggin goob and they don’t play any D but gonna be hard to get a dub without Isaac.

Offense has finally looked good the past two games mostly by avoiding super slow starts. Obviously 1/17 from triple is an abomination but still put up decent numbers despite that. However, the defense has just looked lost here lately. Way too much, and often unnecessary, help defense leaving the arc wide azz open. Flanny gonna have to log a lot of minutes out of defensive necessity so he needs to earn his keep on the offensive end while out there.

UGA is better than Mizzou imo. They at least have a couple legitimate pros in Edwards and Hammonds. Their corch is a fuggin goob and they don’t play any D but gonna be hard to get a dub without Isaac.
UGA may have more talent, but they have been awful the last couple of weeks. Mizzou played like their lives depended on it against us. I doubt Crean can wring that kind of effort out of his team which appears to have already quit. This is a must win for us if we want to stay in the SEC regular season title hunt so hopefully our guys will show up with their A game or without Isaac.

Agreed. I would be really surprised if Bruce lets Isaac play when he is less than 100%. He knows we need Isaac in March. He certainly knows how awful it would be to run him back out there before he's ready if he were to injure if further and hurt his draft stock. Isaac going in the top 5 will be incredible for him and the program. Very few coaches are taking guys ranked outside the top 30 as high schoolers and putting them into the top 10 of the draft.

Only dropped 2 spots in the AP poll to 13. Pleasantly surprised the voters gave us a pass for taking an ugly L without our lotto pick in the lineup.

Reactions: ThrustMaxwell
I think UGA is weaker than Missouri so our non-Okoro boys might could pull off a W there but I’d say it’s like 40/60. If Isaac plays were more like 98/2.

Yeah, Mizzou and UGA are fairly opposite types of teams. Mizzou is much more efficient defensively and hasn’t been good offensively. UGA is a better offensive team and not as good defensively. I think that plays to our advantage with our young guys in that they could have more offensive success, which could provide the boost in energy needed defensively. It’s not the way I’d like for it to work, but I think our bench guys need that confidence that scoring provides in order to play their best defense.

With Okoro back, I think it swings more in our favor, but without, this is a game we still can win but will be much tougher.

The other thing about this game is I don’t think UGA has the personnel to do what some of these other teams have done to our defense in recent games. Wheeler isn’t the type of PG to dissect us like Kira or Saben Lee or Pinson/Smith etc. Edwards can get his, but he hasn’t seemed overly interested in getting to the basket. His threat is more of a “pull up in your face and knock down a bunch of 3s” threat. And while that’s scary, it’s not what has given us so much trouble. Tyree Crump has some of those Saben Lee-like qualities in that he can break us down and, when we try to stop that, can pull up from 3 and get on a heater.

This feels like another game where we might play more zone than I’d like and hope that UGA doesn’t shoot the 3 well. UGA is actually a worse 3P% shooting team than we are. Probably doesn’t mean much since the last few teams have lit us up from outside, it at some point, someone has to shoot their average against us.

Reactions: WDE_Tarp

interesting comments about Jaylin and Stretch here. Basically says, all things being equal, they'd be getting some of Ant and Danjel's minutes but he's just being loyal to the seniors

interesting comments about Jaylin and Stretch here. Basically says, all things being equal, they'd be getting some of Ant and Danjel's minutes but he's just being loyal to the seniors
Goes without saying I trust in Bruce unconditionally but I’d very much like to see at least Jaylin get some real run considering our woeful production at 4. Wouldn’t hurt my feelings if Turbo got a sniff at some backup 2 the way Jamal been playing.

Also, seen some rumblings around the Boogoshphere that Devan should/ could take a seat for a game or 2 after that bush league T against Mizzou. I certainly don’t think he should trying to win some ball games here but that might force the issue on playing some other guys.

Goes without saying I trust in Bruce unconditionally but I’d very much like to see at least Jaylin get some real run considering our woeful production at 4. Wouldn’t hurt my feelings if Turbo got a sniff at some backup 2 the way Jamal been playing.

Also, seen some rumblings around the Boogoshphere that Devan should/ could take a seat for a game or 2 after that bush league T against Mizzou. I certainly don’t think he should trying to win some ball games here but that might force the issue on playing some other guys.

he knows more than we do about how they practice and also how close we are to landing studs for next years squad but the fan in me keeps thinking you need to give them SEC minutes to help prepare them for next year. If this was anyone other than Bruce I’d be pretty livid about it but bc he’s my golden god I’m just gonna be mildly disappointed and assume I’m the idiot.

he knows more than we do about how they practice and also how close we are to landing studs for next years squad but the fan in me keeps thinking you need to give them SEC minutes to help prepare them for next year. If this was anyone other than Bruce I’d be pretty livid about it but bc he’s my golden god I’m just gonna be mildly disappointed and assume I’m the idiot.

This.

Reactions: DM8 and wcw3au1
After Saturday I don't feel good about any game if Isaac is out. His defense and explosiveness to the rim is missed too much. Will be glad next year when we have 10 5 stars playing at one time so if a key player goes down we will still be ok.

I don’t feel good on the road in this league even when we are at 100%. Hoping we find a way to ugly one out with or without him.

Reactions: ALLTIGER85 and DM8
After Saturday I don't feel good about any game if Isaac is out. His defense and explosiveness to the rim is missed too much. Will be glad next year when we have 10 5 stars playing at one time so if a key player goes down we will still be ok.
Well I didn’t watch a minute of Saturday’s game so my confidence is still at an all time high

No Sir Isaac starting but that doesn't mean he won't get some minutes. Leggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooo

ADVERTISEMENT