ADVERTISEMENT

+++++ Boogs (HYGs) vs UGA Official Game Thread +++++

Ts & Ps for Okoro's hammy.
Indeed. Going to get run out of the gym Saturday by UT unless he is back. Ole Miss will beat us handily next week as well. I would rather sit him a couple of weeks at this point. Maybe come back to go on the road to UK or UT. Win those and we could still salvage a top 5 seed.

Indeed. Going to get run out of the gym Saturday by UT unless he is back. Ole Miss will beat us handily next week as well. I would rather sit him a couple of weeks at this point. Maybe come back to go on the road to UK or UT. Win those and we could still salvage a top 5 seed.

Come on man. We’re not as bad at home. We’ve been trash on the road at times with him. Let’s not completely overreact.

I’m sure the boogosphere is in meltdown but it’s really not a big deal. We all know this squad needs Isaac.

of he was dressed tonight I’m guessing he’s back either for the Saturday game or for the midweek game after that. He’s close.

We may have lost Danjel. His effort and intensity was so bad I’m not sure he’s playable. That was gross. Mac was BAD. Cambridge at least tends to play better at home. Flanny misses more bunnys than Eller Fudd.

Come on man. We’re not as bad at home. We’ve been trash on the road at times with him. Let’s not completely overreact.
Eh, we’re a really bad team without Isaac. An absolutely awful defensive team just held us to 50 points. That’s not just a road/away issue. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think we win a game until he returns.

Need a Fab 5 next year
I think a fab 2 of Cooper and Green would be sufficient. Surround 2 elite scorers with role players who are solid defensively and that’s a winning roster. One caveat being we either need Cliff or a grad transfer big. The latter might be better as a senior would help address the lack of experience that could be an issue otherwise.

of he was dressed tonight I’m guessing he’s back either for the Saturday game or for the midweek game after that. He’s close.

We may have lost Danjel. His effort and intensity was so bad I’m not sure he’s playable. That was gross. Mac was BAD. Cambridge at least tends to play better at home. Flanny misses more bunnys than Eller Fudd.
Someone said he’s been walking around normally with no limp, but that’s obviously a long ways from playing. It will be interesting to see if they bring him back this weekend. I’d rather them err on the side of caution with the regular season title out the window.

Someone said he’s been walking around normally with no limp, but that’s obviously a long ways from playing. It will be interesting to see if they bring him back this weekend. I’d rather them err on the side of caution with the regular season title out the window.
I don’t see any chance we play him too early. They don’t need it (the regular season title is gone). He’s too valuable to us in postseason. He’s got too much $$$ at risk if he tears it and can’t play for 3 months. If he’s back I expect they’ve seen 100% clearance and he’s feeling no tightness

Reactions: DM8
I worry about where we’ll get consistent scoring from from the current guys.
No question on that. We have no one returning next year who can be relied on for consistent points. Cooper + another elite scorer fixes that issue, especially if it’s Green though. I think the rest of the roster has enough talent that we’ll have someone else scoring in double figures most nights.

I don’t see any chance we play him too early. They don’t need it (the regular season title is gone). He’s too valuable to us in postseason. He’s got too much $$$ at risk if he tears it and can’t play for 3 months. If he’s back I expect they’ve seen 100% clearance and he’s feeling no tightness
Agreed. It sucks to have another season screwed by a key injury, but at least this year we should have him in the tournament. Path to make a run is going to be drastically tougher than it otherwise would have been though so that’s a bitch.

we still have a team of players that can absolutely get hot as fugg. it's just statistically way more unlikely than last year's squad. If we gonna make a tourney run, the samir, mac, and danjel gotta go on a 4 game streak of going 40% from beyond the arc
I think it’s gotta be Okoro/JVon/Samir with Austin getting you his 13 & 11 and then one other guy hitting some 3’s. Can be Devon or Mac. Hell it might be Jamal. Right now I’m not sure Danjel could hit 40% from 5 feet. He’d probably forget to shoot it or dribble off his foot.

I think it’s gotta be Okoro/JVon/Samir with Austin getting you his 13 & 11 and then one other guy hitting some 3’s. Can be Devon or Mac. Hell it might be Jamal. Right now I’m not sure Danjel could hit 40% from 5 feet. He’d probably forget to shoot it or dribble off his foot.
The part that sucks on Danjel is that he was playing his best ball of the season before he got sick. Have to hope tonight was him still feeling the after-effects.

Danjel being completely worthless sort of throws a wrench in my preseason equation of us rolling to a natty. This O in general really needs an effective stretch 4. Would be Bruce’s greatest achievement to make him useful for the tourney.

But Isaac could absolutely be the best player in the country come tourney time much like Dr C. Jvon has what it takes. Samir. Austin has shown some flashes last couple although 2nd half tonight wasn’t great. Still think Mac can give us something.

Need to ride Jaylin, Al, Devan hard these next few weeks try to get them to another level. Jamal seems lost at one point looked like a decent shooter off the bench.

Danjel being completely worthless sort of throws a wrench in my preseason equation of us rolling to a natty. This O in general really needs an effective stretch 4. Would be Bruce’s greatest achievement to make him useful for the tourney.

But Isaac could absolutely be the best player in the country come tourney time much like Dr C. Jvon has what it takes. Samir. Austin has shown some flashes last couple although 2nd half tonight wasn’t great. Still think Mac can give us something.

Need to ride Jaylin, Al, Devan hard these next few weeks try to get them to another level. Jamal seems lost at one point looked like a decent shooter off the bench.

mac has been dog poo away from The Pearl

Eh, we’re a really bad team without Isaac. An absolutely awful defensive team just held us to 50 points. That’s not just a road/away issue. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think we win a game until he returns.

Nobody thinks we don't miss IO. But if you look at our numbers at home vs our numbers on the road you'd be be borderline delusional to say it's not a huge factor. How much would you be willing to wager that we get blown out by UT and Ole Miss at home without IO? Because we will be favored in both regardless.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeramye
Nobody thinks we don't miss IO. But if you look at our numbers at home vs our numbers on the road you'd be be borderline delusional to say it's not a huge factor. How much would you be willing to wager that we get blown out by UT and Ole Miss at home without IO? Because we will be favored in both regardless.
I'm torn. I think almost everyone plays better at home on our roster other than maybe Samir/Jvon/Wiley who just seem about the same everywhere. Their game are on or off but doesn't seem tied to the home court. All the young guys are better at home. Cambridge especially. You'd hope Jamal and Danjel would hits some jumpers at home too.

But also we look atrocious without our NBA player and I'm not sure that we get W's without him now. I thought maybe we would adjust after not having him for a game and see a positive step but I'm not sure we weren't worse. UGA isn't as good as Mizzou IMO

Reactions: DM8
That leg injury changed him forever. I think he would be dominant right now if that hadnt happened
don't know about that. he'd still get bullied bc of his size. he's tried to change his offensive game to be more of a perimiter player to (presumably) prepare him for the next level and it's just not working

don't know about that. he'd still get bullied bc of his size. he's tried to change his offensive game to be more of a perimiter player to (presumably) prepare him for the next level and it's just not working
But it felt like he was so explosive and coming into his own when the injury happened, and since he’s just been a below the rim player that worked on shooting threes. Maybe it would’ve happened either way and the injury had nothing to do with it, but it felt like he changed his style after that

I'm torn. I think almost everyone plays better at home on our roster other than maybe Samir/Jvon/Wiley who just seem about the same everywhere. Their game are on or off but doesn't seem tied to the home court. All the young guys are better at home. Cambridge especially. You'd hope Jamal and Danjel would hits some jumpers at home too.

But also we look atrocious without our NBA player and I'm not sure that we get W's without him now. I thought maybe we would adjust after not having him for a game and see a positive step but I'm not sure we weren't worse. UGA isn't as good as Mizzou IMO

apparently there is no leadership on this team

might be true but there's not too much skill either so it doesn't matter. I'd say there's gotta be some leadership though bc of how many overtime and come from behind wins this team has had

true but the total collapse in road games this year shows me there isn't much.

I’ll be shocked if we win a game without Isaac. I won’t predict a blowout because that requires the other team to probably play really well. UT is playing better lately and Ole Miss almost beat us already. Again, hope I’m wrong, but I expect us to lose those two and any other game the rest of the way where Isaac isn’t playing.

But it felt like he was so explosive and coming into his own when the injury happened, and since he’s just been a below the rim player that worked on shooting threes. Maybe it would’ve happened either way and the injury had nothing to do with it, but it felt like he changed his style after that
I agree on this. Anyone who doubts what Mac would be doing now should go back and watch games his sophomore year. He was by far the best shot blocker in the SEC that year. He was on pace to be one of the best shot blockers in SEC history and his offensive game was developing quickly. Mac would have been a dominant player had he not suffered the injury.

I’ll be shocked if we win a game without Isaac. I won’t predict a blowout because that requires the other team to probably play really well. UT is playing better lately and Ole Miss almost beat us already..

You kinda already predicted a blowout when you said “UT will run us out of the gym on Saturday and we’ll lose handily to Ole Miss”.

You must really think we’ll suck next year? No IO, no 5 Sr’s with Final Four experience and SEC Titles. Samir is at worst 3rd team All league. Wiley will get Hon Men at worst. Javon might join him. And you think we can’t win a game at home vs middle of the road SEC teams? BTW, Ole Miss almost beating us on the road is part of my argument, you can’t use that! WDE

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT